1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 1:27 PM by nhl

Did AMD remove the ability to use keyboard shortcuts to switch presets?

smithton

I've been a die-hard ATI/AMD user since you've been making cards. Unwilling to support nvidia because of their sleazy biz practices like Gameworks, Physx, et cetera. I've just updated from "Catalyst" to "Settings" and I'm going to take a hard look at nvidia next purchase. Put the shortcut keys to switch presets back in the gui, and provide a homogenous interface rather than half settings / half catalyst holdover. Having to open radeon settings, click preferences, then click radeon additional settings, wait for another app to open, the click presets, the click the preset I want is absolutely infuriating. Something I was previously able to do in an instant is now an exercise in tedium. Is the recommend fix to roll back to catalyst and be stuck with 2 year old drivers?

• Re: Did AMD remove the ability to use keyboard shortcuts to switch presets?
          nhl

the driver  of AMD is really annoying,I tryed to update to 16.7.3 or 16.9.2  today,it stucked during the updating many times with blue screen or system crash, i had to reinstall my operating system at last.

not to mention that 'driver stop responding' thing  everyday.

now i finally had 16.9.2 installed,still no hotkey,worse,the presets feature is completely  damaged,it doesnt work,even if i click it manually.

I wont buy an AMD card again,i bought a r9 290,the first card was defective,the manufacturer sent me a second card,works fine but your drivers are not good.the user experience is bad,even your web site is slow