1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 6:33 PM by black_zion

HD 6900 - outdated driver but impossible to update

jerabina

Good evening!

I wanted try game Trove but when I downloaded and started it just crashed after first launch(look at video below). I contacted game support and they told me I have outdated driver for GPU so I tried to update it. First through AMD Catalyst Control Center but there is I have newest driver, so then I tried AMD Driver Autodetect and there is also I have newest driver. I think it's because the GPU is relative old and here is no more support for drivers for this card. So I am lost and don't know how to solve this problem...

Here is video about first launch of game after instalation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JLjNTZkXLY

Here is video about that problem: Trove crash - YouTube

Next I attached logs from Windows Event Viewer and DxDiag, maybe it can help.

Next some information about my system:

AMD Graphics Card

Sapphire Radeon HD 6970

Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop, manually compiled

Operating System

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Driver version installed

Version of AMD Catalyst Control Center: 2015.0804.21.41908

Version of Catalyst: 15.7.1

Version of driver: 15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187669C

Motherboard

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

CPU/APU

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

RAM

8GB

So please, if somebody can help me I will be very grateful!

Thank you so much,

Jerabina

• Re: HD 6900 - outdated driver but impossible to update
          black_zion

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+7+-+64

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver will continue to be available for users running Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, and Windows® 7.