5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 6:10 AM by jigzaw

Graphics card works without AMD driver

kisushi

I have been having problems with my graphics card, i can't play any game or even browser because it crashes with the screen going with vertical lines , freezes the computer and depending on the screen color has it can have any color. like por example blue with white stripes or blue with black stripes.

Before when i turnet on the computer it was very hard to log in without crashing witha  blank black screen i would have to do it several times or i would need to restart with safe mode and uninstall the drivers, that happen with the 15.11 and 16.7.1.

But now with the newest driver that i installed 16.9.1 i can easily log in windows without having any blank black screen but, every time happens not just the problem i said about of the vertical lines but even more problems like the one that is on the screenshot (this happened after the vertical lines problem and the computer frooze), during the wait time for the screenshot problem the screen glitched appearing multiple color vertical lines, along with glitching image of what i was doing to the computer till the screen went black.  

20160915_114607.jpg

After i restarted the computer the and log in what happen there was different there was no vertical lines just the pointer getting big and the freezing that's all that happen.

My question is that is it really my graphics card problem?

Since if i unistall AMD driver i have 0 problems i can play games watch videos everything, well i can't have the same performance in playing games i will have massive fps drops in 3d heavy games like tales of zestiria, call of duty or even games such as bloodrayne.

My point is if the problem is the graphics card since in every post relating to this everyone is saying it's the card is faulty why i can do everything without no driver and when i install a driver my pc freezes and doesn't let me be more than 15min?

PS: My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, i didn't made the windows 10 aniversary update because of the problems that everyone was having.

PS2: My graphics card is an Sapphire R9 270X OC Edition

PS3: Power supply is XFX Pro 650 XXX Edition

PS4: Memory ram is Gskill Ripjaws 2X4GB 1600mhz CL7

PS5: MOBO is Asrock 970 Extreme4

PS6:CPU is AMD FX8350 Black Box Edition

PS7: I upgraded my Bios from 2.30 to 2.80 a long time ago so i think that's not the problem here as well

• Re: Graphics card works without AMD driver
          warpfact0r10
          • I have the Anniversary Update installed along with the 16.9.1 Crimsons (via auto-updater) and I've had no issues. You might give it a shot.
          • If you had your CPU or GPU overclocked at any point, reset them to defaults.
          • Have you tried using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility ? Make certain Windows has automatic driver installation disabled first of course. Uninstall drivers as normal via the Control Panel, then before rebooting run the utility. Reboot and install the Crimsons.
          • Find out what VBIOS version is installed on your GPU. It looks like Gigabyte released a VBIOS update for that card, and can be found here: GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - AMD - PCI Express Solution - Radeon™ R9 200 series - GV-R927XOC-2GD  Double-check to make certain that is the exact card model that you have.

Your VBIOS will be listed in Radeon Settings like as seen here:

kisushi

i never overclocked my CPU or GPU, i already used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.

How do i download bios version do i have to go to sapphire website to download it?

Also what will the Vbios upgrade do to the card?

jigzaw

I think your right about clocks. The W10 1511 last update leading to the Anniversary Update 1607 seems track hardware clocks. I have a clock multiplier set high on turbo to improve single thread and a bus set at 215-217 to utilize the DDR3 1866 to work like 1600+ with 4 x 8 GB ram set-up. This is to circumvent that the FX  x3xx limit of 2 memory slot limit for a 1866 type memory module. I had no issues with my settings and sleep and wake works prior to this.

To make stable I have northbridge multiplier to auto and set HTT link below 2400 or event at 2200 for all day stability.

jigzaw

This is an update on this. I bit bullet and set the CPU to default values (auto multipliers, voltage, north bridge and htt) and bus at 200 mhz and restored the functionality of the sleep and wake process. So this confirms something  that relates to CPU clock settings. I left the CPU at auto increased my bus back to 215 and now at 217 and sleep and wake cycle working. I hope that no other W10 update that will track and prevent this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    kisushi

i also saw that my graphics card does not support UEFI and i think i have UEFI enabled on Bios