0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 1:19 PM by enster

Low fps on Acer Aspire E 15

enster

I think there is : 1. something wrong with my "hardware", 2. there is something wrong with my "software/drivers".

As I said in "title" I own Acer Aspire E 15 (more accurate: E5-551g-81JC)
      Specifications are:

AMD Quad-core Processor A8-7100 (1.8 ghz / turbo up to 3,0 ghz)

AMD Radeon R7 M265 (2GB) + AMD Radeon R5 (1GB, this one is integrated)

8GB DDR3 L RAM

1TB WD disk

Notebook came with Windows 8,1 and was ready to upgrade to Windows 10. (I upgraded to win 10)

Problems:

FPS problems + cpu lags in games (sometimes even when using firefox)
      FPS:
      League of Legends: Low - Medium quality: 20-45 FPS (sometimes in fight it drops under 20)
      CS:GO: its nearly unplayeable even on ultra low settings (21FPS)
      Maplestory: even simple game like this freeze for about 10 sec when i kill more then 5 mobs instantly

More problems:
      When notebook came it was overheating (sometimes speedfan or another program showed up: CPU= 90-102°C), so i stopped to using notebook and bought cooling pad.
      It reduced the heat to like 80°C after like one day it went normal: around 55°C / graphics was always around 50°C.

Drivers & settings:
      My drivers are up to date (all of them), my notebook power saving option is set to "Maximal Performance". In settings i set notebook UI for "Performance" too.

Question:

It's normal to have such low FPS on such specification? It's normal that this notebook has such slow performance?
      I don't know if i should send my notebook to "warranty servis" (I think it's called like this )or it's normal and i don't have reason to send it over to servis.
      I will be glad for every tip

Thanks in  advance for answers