27 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 7:49 AM by timahkin

Sapphire Nitro Radeon Fury display corruption issue

canetsbe

GPU: Sapphire Nitro Fury OC (factory OC'd)

CPU: I5 4690k, no OC

Motherboard: Gigabyte G97MX Gaming 5

RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR3

PSU: Corsair CX600M 600W bronze

Operating System & Version: Windows 10

GPU Drivers: Crimson 16.9.1

Chipset Drivers: Unknown...

Background Applications: Not application specific. Happens almost every time I put computer to sleep, restart, etc. Only thing that solves is unplugging DP cable, changing refresh rate in windows, or disabling freesync on the monitor, but issue will come back next time PC is started.

Description of Problem:

I am on my second Fury now after returning my first one to Newegg for replacement. I have installed the latest Crimson drivers using DDU before installing. Have used two different displayport and a mini-DP cable to test for failure in cables but all exhibit the issue. Both monitors work fine with HDMI but the whole point is to use displayport for freesync. Have tried even installing custom monitor drivers but this has had little effect.

When using this card with my Asus MG279Q monitor via displayport, I get a vertical corruption down the middle of my screen (top to bottom) where it looks like there is a "prism" effect; anything displayed across the middle of the screen will be doubled (it's hard to explain, but imagine this line down the screen is effectively two lines about 8px wide, side by side, both displaying the same part of the image). It doesn't move or flicker. Seems to mostly happen when running freesync and setting my refresh rate to 90Hz (which is the whole point of this display, 35-90hz freesync)! Will also notice artifacting on the furthest left vertical column of pixels (like little white dots). One more thing; when the issue is occurring, the resolution shown in the monitor OSD menu is 2568x1440 instead of 2560x1440.

Here's where things get weirder. My second monitor, an Asus PB258Q has a different issue where it will show general artifact flickering on the screen in the lower 1/3rd portion using display port from the Fury. My third monitor (which is retired but used for something else) is 1080p and works just fine with displayport! It's a Dell U2414H. 1080p so the resolution is different.

My R9 390 works totally 100% as it should; these symptoms showed only with the Fury. What is causing this?! I find it hard to believe that it's two bad Fury cards in a row and that it would have the exact same problem both times. But since the monitors work just fine on my 390, I don't think it's the monitors either.

Thanks.