1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 8:06 PM by catchabreak

My PC just shuts down/restarts while I am playing new games.

sebo34351

So recently my PC was shutting itself down alot and I've come to point where I couldnt even turn it on,so i decided to go take it local pc store to fix it.It was said that my PSU have died and they replaced it with my new one but ever since I've restarted everything my PC is unable to play any new games with higher graphics capacity that I  was playing few months ago without a single fps drop...Also I've been checking temperatures of CPU and GPU and CPU never reached further than 50 and GPU than 60 degrees celsius wich cannot result a "Overheating Shutdown" so can you please help me out with this problem .
      PC Specs:

-Gigabyte 990XA-UD3

-AMD FX 8350 Black edition
      -AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4gb

-DDR3 12 GB Ram 1600mhz (1 of 4gb and 1 of 8)

-Black(C.22) Power LPW1-35E/580 PSU

-SSID Kingston 120GB
      -HDD 500GB Toshiba

• Re: My PC just shuts down/restarts while I am playing new games.
          catchabreak

have you reset the bios, a thermal limit may have been set such as vram temps or a higher voltage taking it out of spec. fan speeds may have been altered if there using the motherboard sockets also check ram is set to 1600 in bios. What kind of cooling solution are you using for the cpu 60c sounds a little on the hot side unless you were benchmarking. 63 is there max before thermal throttling. As I say reset the bios that may bring your temps down a little. Check the settings In bios first to see how your boot drive is configured before the reset