1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 4:14 AM by veynam

Profiles don't work for any game at all

sckhar

Hello,

So, as the title says, profiles for my games never work, they never worked, since the first edition of AMD Crimson both on my past R9 270x and my current R9 380.

There are a few games in which I like to change the graphics options, like in World of Warcraft, I'd like to set it to have the fans at 100% because I tend to play this game for like 12+ hours nonstopping and I live in a city that sometimes the temperatures go over 40ºC, so having the fans at 100% while playing WoW helps keep my card a bit cooler, but no matter what I do, Crimson won't do it, I manually add the profile, set it to work on the wow-64.exe, which is the exe that I use and set the fan to 100%, but it won't work, it only works if I enable it on the global profile.

It is the same with all games, both the profiles that the Crimson adds by itself when clicking scan or manual ones I add.

I read it that it seems to be a fairly normal issue, but nobody seems to have an answer of why that happens.

Is there anything I can do aside from having to edit the global profile each time I want a custom setting for a game?

• Re: Profiles don't work for any game at all
          veynam

Why is amd not doing anything about this? From the looks of this a lot of people are having the same problem, same here. No matter what i do, profiles DON'T WORK. Doesn't matter which game, which option, whatever THEY DON'T WORK. The strange part is it worked for the first 2days i got this gpu (rx 480) then it just out of nowhere stopped working, i tried reinstalling windows, upgrading to w10, downgrading to w7ult. Nothing worked. I regret buying anything from amd, never had a problem like this with nvidia. My sanity is slowly breaking from all the time I've spent trying to fix this.