2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 1:29 PM by feverstriker

A New Pc for my Father in law

anubismarc

I've never done this before it always felt like I was looking for a pat on the back or bragging, and I don't want this to come across like that. So here goes my father in law's old Compaq computer finally died last week so I told him I could build him one, he was a bit apprehensive because his old one gave him nothing but trouble. I told not to worry I had most of the parts around the house so I only needed to order the CPU and the motherboard and some memory, and also a case. I got him the  FX 4300 cpu 8 GB of memory an inexpensive case, I had a 1TB HD and a1GB GPU ( it was and old evga I had swapped out for a friend ) I installed windows 10 on it, he only uses it to play solitaire and check email and go on Facebook. When I brought it to him today and sat down with him and had him turn it on he was amazed how fast it was compared to his old system and how easy the new OS was to learn, he asked me how much he owed me for everything I told him it was on the house and happy birthday. I never saw him so happy he was like a kid in a candy store and at 87 years old it's nice to know that he can still be that excited about something.