1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 6:09 AM by tag75

sapphire r9 fury nitro crimson 16.9.1

hax47

Hi, i recently bought a sapphire  fury nitro(1 week ago).  I did a fresh windows install, and i'm using latest beta crimson 16.9.1 driver. I have my card connected to one single 21:9 free sync monitor using display port 1.2. Only when using full screen 3d applications like games i have random freezes(video and audio stop playing) that can last from 1 to 5 seconds. I also had black screen when playing ETS 2 for a few seconds during the freeze but in that case audio was keeping playing normal.Sometimes video come back and sometimes i have to hard reset my PC.  I also had random black lines on my screen. I'm using frame rate target control + free sync in my games and vsync off. Another issue are the fans. Latest drivers seems bugged and fans doesnt work properly and remains always at 21% no matter what temp affect the card. I was gaming and i noticed gpu was too quiet so i checked its fans on my case and they were not spinning while my card was hitting 70 celsius. Now i'm using msi afterburner with a custom profile fans to cool down the card because crimson seems broken. I had a r9 390 nitro and never experience any of this on the same pc configuration. I did a memtest to see if it was a ram issue but 0 errors. Cpu is i5 4670k oced to 4.3ghz stable and i tried also to remove oc but issues still persists. i'm using a samsung 850 evo for storage and 950 pro for main OS Windows 10 pro 64 bit. Also the card make some sort of buzzing sound when gaming. Don't know if i should RMA the card or what i'm experiencing is a software/driver issue. I tried switching vga bios from the card but nothing changed. Card is running on a pcie 3.0 x16 and my psu is an antec hcg 620m. I also did some undervolt on the card to save power and reduce heat (-84mV on core voltage worked fine with no crashing) but to make sure my problems were not caused by this, i tried to remove undervolt and put the card back to stock values but issues persists.