23 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 10:06 AM by fsadough

Hi All

plainme

I have just purchased a FirePro W4300, running on windows 64bit, 32 Gig ram and an AMD 7600FX. System starts up load drives and Catalyst center. All good get confirmation drivers loaded successfully reboot required, reboot get the windows logo and then nothing. Message stating no video input. I am using the mini display port supplied with standard display port to HDMI. Tried this on a UHD TV and an LG gaming monitor with no luck.

Please any suggestions. 

• Re: Hi All
          warpfact0r10

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Please provide all information in that link in order for us to best help you.

• What version of 64-bit Windows are you running?
          • Are all the latest Windows updates applied?
          • Did you disable your antivirus prior to installing the drivers?
          • No 7600 FX chip exists, so I suspect you have that model incorrect.
          • Have you tried using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility? For this, uninstall the drivers as normal via the Control Panel, then before rebooting, run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility. Reboot and install the new drivers.
          • What driver version are you trying to install?
              plainme

Thanking you for the response.

Windows 7 Professional.

All updates are installed.

Antivirus disabled.

CPU FX 8370

Clean uninstall utility has been used.

Fast boot has been disabled.

Can't recall which versions of drivers were used, but let me say all that are Win 7 compatible found on the AMD site.

Bios updated.

Bios reset.

And as a last resort I have done a complete system reinstall. After the drivers are installed I do get the windows bar which runs a couple of times, then a message stating no input, I might be wrong here but to me it looks like there is nothing coming from the GPU. I have reset the machine and enter the bios, here I get pix-elation. as the cursor moves it clears what should be my bios screen. Things just don't make any sense to me.

I trust this answers all the possible questions and hopefully a possible solution.

warpfact0r10

The FirePro Software Suite version 15.301.2601.1002 is what you want, and they can be downloaded here:

Workstation

If those continue to exhibit the behavior, you can uninstall/use the utility and try an older version here:

Previous

plainme

I will try try this this evening and let you know the outcome.

plainme

Tried the Software Suite version 15.301.2601.1002 with no luck and a couple of the older drivers, still no joy.

I'm starting to wonder if I spent my well earned money for nothing, I mean this is ridiculous...As a last resort I will install this in an Intel 7600K system currently running a GTX1080 and see what the outcome is. If still nothing I will be looking at the Nvidia Quadro series, should work just fine on SolidWorks and Inventor. This should really not be this hard to install a graphics card.

Unless you may have some other suggestions or maybe go straight to AMD tech.

warpfact0r10

If you are getting pixelation in the BIOS then it isn't driver-related.

If you provide your motherboard or system model we could check if there is a more current BIOS that might resolve the issue.

Also, you might consider moving the card to a different PCIe slot.

What other devices to you have connected to that PC?

plainme

MB is an Asus M5A97 R2.0

Bios version 06/26/2015

I have tried using another PCIe slot.

I have removed all other devices apart from a Transcend SSD.

warpfact0r10

In the Device Manager, does it show the model of your LG gaming monitor or just "Generic PNP Monitor"? If it shows "Generic PNP Monitor", then you might try installing the monitor driver.

plainme

It shows LG 34UM67-P. Does this mean I will not be able to use a UHD TV as a display as no software came with it.

warpfact0r10

No, I just wanted to make certain Windows knew the model info for at least one display.

plainme

Just as a matter of interest, looking at the GPU specs: PCIe® 3.0 compliant, x16 bus interface. My Asus board is PCIe 2.0.

Picked this up now as reading through all the specs again, would this be a problem?.

warpfact0r10

No, PCIe 3.0 is backwards-compatible with 2.0.

So when looking at your motherboard support page I see the 2015/07/24 as the latest BIOS version. You stated you have 06/26/2015 installed, but I don't even see that listed as an older version. So getting the latest one applied might be worth a shot.

plainme

I appreciate all your input and advice but reading about BIOS update on the Asus site and various forums the basic idea I get is not to mess around with it. If it's not broken don't try to fix it. To be honest I'm a little wary. I am not familiar with this procedure and from what I have read if you don't know what you are doing it could turn out to be disastrous. 

amdmatt

Adding our Firepro expert fsadough.

fsadough

You wrote:
                                      I am using the mini display port supplied with standard display port to HDMI

There is no such thing as "supplied standard display port to HDMI". The W4300 comes with 4x mDP-DP adapter. If you need an HDMI input, then I suggest to use certified mDP-HDMI or DP-HDMI passive adapters (see the link below). Keep in mind, if you will use more than 2x HDMI inputs, then the 3rd and 4th adapter need to be an ACTIVE adapter.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-adapters

plainme

My apologies, what I meant to say was I purchased a mDP-HDMI adapter. Specs as below.

• Mini DisplayPort Adaptor
                                          • Also works as Thunderbolt to HDMI Adaptor
                                          • Supports Mini Display Port 1.1a input
                                          • HDMI1.3b output
                                          • HDMI video resolutions up to 1080p
                                          • HDMI225 MHz / 2.25 Gbps per channel 
                                          • Uncompressed audio such as LPCM
                                          • Compressed audio such as DTS Digital, Dolby Digital

Do you believe this to be the problem.

fsadough

There are way too many manufacturers of those adapters and unfortunately we can't tell if the follow VESA standards or not, until the adapter is fully examined. In your case, you have only one option to try an adapter form our validated list, if the issue still exists then we need to investigate further.

plainme

A question if I may as from the mails above I require a mDP to HDMI passive adapter or DP to HDMI passive adapter. B086B-001B cannot be found anywhere and according to Accell this product is discontinued, everything else is mDP to DVI or active adaptors. This brings me to my next question. As below:

Passive adapters are merely a cable to go from displayport to DVI/HDMI/VGA/w.e. The video card detects the monitor as such, and outputs the required signal (DVI/HDMI/VGA). This does require one of the two aformentioned clocks, hence why they do not work with eyefinity cards.

Active adapters, on the other hand recieve a displayport signal from the video card, and convert it to DVI/HDMI/VGA. They will always have some sort of onboard DAC or video converter chip which they use to convert the dp signal. Lately, most everyone has been referring the DAC ones (which are the converters that go DP->VGA) as 'passive.' This is not the case.

My monitor is not detecting DVI/HDMI or VGA in my case HDMI. According to the above should I not be looking at an active adapter?.