12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 12:09 AM by ambrose

I think............

ambrose

Hello,

I have seen/read the desire from some of the main people who try to help others on these forums, that it would be nice to have a form for people to fill out with system specs, but it seems like it is falling on deaf ears. It must be so aggravating to suggest to people the desire to have system specs so others can help but it just doesn't seem to sink in.

I would like to go a step further in a suggestion.

I Think........ That if and when the time comes to implement a system spec form in each section of the forums for people to fill out, that the AMD forums should be offline for 2-3 days with a Notice in " BIG RED LETTERS " Stating........ That AMD Forums are off line while we make some adjustments for the information needed when asking for advice.

People who do not supply needed information when asking for help with an issue, their question(s) WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Sincerely, Ambrose

P.S. Please don't ask your question in the subject line, only for people to read it again in the body of your question, for the majority of the times only to say, " Please supply system info  "

Cheers all and thanks to the main people on here that have the intestinal fortitude to not pull their hair out trying to answer questions with little or no information to go on.

• Re: I think............
          kingfish

A lot of the people here have begged for this since the "new" forum started. There is no reply from the powers that be. You would think a thing so simple and so important would be corrected immediately. The only inference I can draw is that the person who has the final say is too far removed from the reality of this forum.

ambrose

Hello Gang,

Also Kingfish I think it would be nice to have a line in the info, for the person to give their comfort level in computer use, it's one thing to give help to an older individual, however if your trying to help a teenager ( or younger ) /tweaker/modder, the whole issue might get skewed for lack of understanding. Or they maybe new to the idea looking through different areas on their computer to find things that are not readily apparent.

Cheers

black_zion

It would be nice, but there are people who think "500W PSU, AMD Processor, R7 200 graphics" are system specs.

techguy

Most people come to the AMD forum looking for help. These people are of all different knowledge levels from novice to experienced PC builder. Few people IME ever READ THE FORUM rules or highlighted help info. prior to posting a question. If they actually read the info. provided then they would already know:

1. They need to provide the info. listed in this thread:

Read This First

2. They would also know the rules for the forum which is the FIRST thing listed in the READ THIS FIRST thread:

AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership

3. They would also know that when they post a question that the AMD server pulls up RECENT threads on the subject question being asked. In these threads is a tremendous quantity of valuable information that can resolve almost all known issues that an AMD customer might experience. The threads with FX-9590 CPUs overheating is a perfect example. There are way too many of these threads where people have to repeat the same information over and over because the person asking the question has failed to read and understand the information provided in the most recent 5+ threads on FX-9590 overheating issues.

4. There is a very good reason why AMD has highlighted "READ THIS FIRST" and the "Forum Rules" for anyone coming to the AMD User Support Forums - This information is important to help other AMD user's help new people to the forum with their issues.

5. Being abusive, uncivil or disrespectful are violations of the forum rules and will not be tolerated.

kingfish

This is all we need....shouldn't be too hard to do.

Screenshot_3.jpg

black_zion

I think a better idea would be for the new post dialog box to be pre-filled with the following information.

Capture.PNG

kingfish

I would leave out motherboard...you would have laptop users going nuts

ray_m

If any or all of this was possible, it would already have been done,

ambrose

Hello Everyone,

Ray_M, why couldn't this be done? Is it a web page coding dilemma? I don't do web page design so I am ignorant of what is involved, it doesn't seem that big of an issue to have a form inserted at the top of the page, but again I don't know what would be involved. There are so many individuals on here that truly want to help others that view these forums, but they just can't seem to get those same people who want help to supply good and helpful system information to make it go smoothly. Then those same people get all bent out of shape because they feel that people should be able to know exactly the solution, by only giving glimpse of the issue in one whole line, maybe 1 and a half.

Thanks Ray for making an appearance in this thread, it's comforting to know that someone is reading anyway.

Regards, Ambrose

P.S. Any chance of getting some AMD " powers that be " to have a online video Q&A for people.