13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 9:57 AM by amdmatt

Radeon Crimson drivers 16.7.3 & 16.7.2 slow down PC/ unable to restart.

guacb0wlm3rchant

Hi. I am having a major problem with the latest Radeon Crimson drivers. They have caused my machine to be unable to restart normally, unless I boot into safe mode or do a cold reboot. The software has also slowed down my operating system, Windows 7 64-bit. I have uninstalled my display drivers countless times using amdcleanupultity and DDU guru. I have even gone as far to reinstall Windows twice now. Each time I've install the 16.7.3 drivers I get a notification that "Wattman has failed." Although, with the 16.7.2 drivers, I do not get this message but have the same issues. Strangely enough I cannot install the minimal setup of either version. I cannot recall the the exact error message I received, but it was saying I couldn't install the display driver, and to contact tech support or something in that nature. When I would restart the display would not come back, but the gpu fans were spinning and seemed to be working. My cpu fans, however, would speed up and start to get loud. The current drivers I am using are the catalyst 15.201.1102.0 drivers. My gpu is a Gigabyte r9-390. Any advice is better than none. I would appreciate a response. Thank you.