0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 4:17 AM by kisushi

Uninstalled driver and it worked?!

kisushi

I was having problem with my graphics card when i played Fallout 4, it was having huge framerate drops almost 10 seconds or less then the computer crashed with a blue/black screen being black or with blue/red/black stripes. After i saw it imediatly i quit fallout 4 (the driver that i was using was 17.2 Crimson).

Then when i opened a video, went to youtube, or anything the computer just crashed with the screens as i said before, then when i restarded the pc crashed with a black blank screen.

After i saw it i imediatly disconnected all the cables of the computer and cleaned it also i reaplied the thermal paste since the one that was there was a cheap one and i bough a better one, after all the cleaning i put all the cables on the computer and powered it up and the same problems were persisting all over again, when i was about to loose hope i google about the problem and they told me it could be the driver of the graphics card thing i din't believe at first, i asked in many computers shops of my country all said the same thing it's my graphics card or ram, the ram i doubt since i used memtest on them for 24+ and showed no problems with them.

Then i started to believe on it and uninstalled the graphics card and used DDU and the computer starded to work fine without any problem.

What i am confused is that i fixed my problem with a simple uninstall, having everyone saying that the graphics card was the problem and the ram as well.

PS: I had problems with the GPU because i moved it the PC is on and the same thing happen but that time was different the pc graphics card was super hot when i turned on the computer and the i couldn't do anything on the computer it would shut off even while i did nothing, i solved that problem replacing the thermalpaste since i had like 1,2 without replacing the thermalpaste in the graphics and i also did it on the cpu, also i used a hairdryer directly to the CPU of the GPU to try to fix the solder that could be either damaged of broking by elevating to high temperature and resolding it again.