4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 4:45 AM by yao

Radeon HD8750M driver that runs on windows 10......?????

philiptsv

Ever since I upgraded to windows ten my HP ProBook G0 can't get a working driver.
      For quite a bit of time I used one that kept getting stuck in threads (blue screen'ed) and wanted me to reboot the system every time I turned on the machine.

The drivers themselves seem to work (sometimes...) but the actual Radeon Settings app just wont.
      Now after an year I've started the search again.
      Device:

•   3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 cache, 4 cores)

Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

•   Intel HD Graphics 4000 (3rd Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 and Dual-Core i5 and i3)
      •   2 x 4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600 MHz) 

Drivers I've tried:

- Legacy drivers - used to work perfectly and I had them saved as back-up but windows 10 has competability issues and won't open them (as well as a lot of other programs made for earlier versions of windows)

- 15.2 - the version they have for this model in the HP website. Not sure if the driver works - it's begins installation but then is stopped by an error (according to my research it has something to do with Microsoft's C++ frameworks), however the AMD gpu does appear in dxdiag (a luxury with I can't afford with the other drivers on this list)

- 16.3/16.4 Driver does not work. Also Radeon Settings app doesn't open gives back error "No AMD driver is installed or the one that's installed doesn't work."
                - 16.7 Causes blue screen (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area); App doesnt work

- 16.8/16.9 Driver doesnt work. App returns "Radeon Settings is not available currently - try connecting a display to a AMD graphics and extending the display"

Getting the Radeon Settings app to work is crucial as I want to be able to configure which software should be opened directly with the AMD GPU rather than with the in-built.
      I've done the windows error check, .NEW Framework update and all of the things that are recommended in the forum post about the same card (HD 8750) getting the Internal Power Error, so I need fresh ideas.