AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help needed: RX 470 no signal no idea

Question asked by doli8133 on Sep 11, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 by theirs

Good day everyone,

So it's been 5-6 hours now, I am already exhausted so I decided to join you guys to ask some questions to give me some clarification. So I finally saved and bought myself an RX 470 from Sapphire, specifically the reference version or what they call it "Platinum" not the Nitro+ one. At first I decided to unplug my old GPU w/c is a HD5750 GDDR5 then run DDU to make sure everything is fresh before upgrading. When I finally plugged in my new GPU that's when I noticed that it doesn't have much of connector options just 3 display port and 1 HDMI. So that was my first dilemma. I have an LCD monitor (Asus VH232S) with only a VGA connector. It's old and honestly its been awhile since I upgraded my computer (by the look of my old GPU). I had been using a VGA to DVI adapter on my old GPU so gladly new GPU came w/ an HDMI to DVI adapter. I connected everything from RX 470 HDMI port to HDMI to DVI adapter to DVI to VGA adapter then plugged it to my VGA monitor. To my surprise when I turned it on, there was no display (No VGA display) so what I did was removed my new GPU, connected my VGA monitor directly to motherboard's VGA port, then Install the RX 470 driver that came inside the box w/o any issues. Restarted my computer then went to bios, this time to disable IGD (integrated graphics), then plugged in my new GPU. I still got the same issue (No VGA display), so I did updated my driver, updated bios however still no luck. So at this point I dont know what else to do. Do I have to upgrade my motherboard or monitor too? Here is my complete specs:

CPU: AMD a8-7600

Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-f2a58m-ds2

RAM: 4GB 1600mhz

Storage: 1TB Seagate HDD

Old GPU: HIS HD5700

New GPU: Sapphire RX 470 4gd5

Outcomes