3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 2:36 PM by cssoz

RX 480 All games crash

kpmn

The board seems to be totally solid in 2D even Photoshop with massive gaussian blur filters applied, no problem.

Launch any game and it hard crashes to black screen and requires power down to reboot.  In Steam it will sometimes crash when in Big Picture mode and select Library.

Checked the 12V supply during the crash and no dip or problem (1000W PS)

Have tried every driver from 16.7.1 thru 16.9.1 going back to the basic MS driver and running the cleaner program in safe mode between installs.  Even tried moving the board to another slot.

Beginning to think it's a hardware board problem.

Machine specs.

i7 Processor Windows 10 pre-anniversary edition fully updated.  12 Gb RAM, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution MB BIOS 3.1.0.12 1000W Power Supply 8 pin connector.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

• Re: RX 480 All games crash
          cssoz

I have the exact same issue and I paid $450 cad for this too. Can't refund it and wondering if I made a wrong choice going for amd this time

kpmn

From what I have seen around the Internet AMD drivers are essentially a work in progress.  I was unwilling to reload Windows and have to reinstall all of my applications just to see if I could get it to work.  Took the board back to Microcenter and the woman at the returns counter said they had a lot of these boards coming back and asked if I wanted to exchange it.  I said no thanks I've already wasted enough time on this.

The only advice that I can give is to scan your system with scf /scannow (check if this is right) it will go through your system an look for corrupted system files and replace them on reboot.  Might help short of reinstalling windows.

Good luck.

cssoz

i did the sfc already in powershell (windows 10, since cmd is old tech) nothing was found. i am prepare to clean fresh install as ill probably get a new PSU to see if it's PSU issue before i RMA rx 480 as faulty (more $ spend.....for return shipping)