1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 7:39 AM by amdmatt

thread exception not handled error

jarren

i recently did my first build and all seemed good , but three months down the line and i have this problem when i boot up . a bsod with a message underneath saying "thread exception not handled "  i researched into this and found a few different ways of trying to fix the issue . so far i have deleted all of my graphics drivers and reinstalled them , this didn't work . next i tried rolling back the driver (same result) and then as a last result a friend told me to reinstall windows. after i did this i didnt get the bsod with the error on it for about 4 hours in which i booted multiple times and played games , but now im crashing in games . i used "who crashed" and it told me that it was the thread exception not handled error again . now i only rarely get the error on startup ,but cannot play games as i crash dues to this.

specs are:

asus z170-a mobo

r9380 from sapphire.

windows 10

• Re: thread exception not handled error
          amdmatt

The integrated GPU inside your APU has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.