2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 11:10 AM by awwad22

Radeon RX 480 4GB Sapphire Nitro Overheating

psypha

Hi,

I bought this card last week and have suffered crash reboot problems.

Rig:

Win 7 64bit pro

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

i5 2600 overclocked 4.6ghz with Dark Rock Be Quiet cooler

16GB RAM

SSD main system and apps/programs

Some context:-

Removed previous card drivers and subsequent registry entries. System has always been very stable, never crashed.

The system is regularly maintained both hardware and software; removal of software is completed by Revo uninstaller pro with aggressive threshold settings.

There is good space above and below the graphics card, the chassis is well ventilated with front and rear flow 5" fans.

Have been playing several games with the card and after maybe an hour, hour and a half the system stops, the monitors go black immediately and the PC begins to reboot.

The games include Star Wars Battlefront, GTA V, Battlefield 4 and Max Payne 3.

The fans on the card appear to be running smoothly, however the silver metal plate on top of the card gets very hot, as in you don't want to keep your hand on it.

It is my belief the card is overheating

I have tried to lower the graphics settings for games just to see if placing a lesser demand on the GPU may reduce overheating. No the system will still reset after an hour or so.

Tried taking the side off the chassis, directing 12" desk fan at the interior - card still overheating.

Has any person experienced similar problems with this 'new' release card?

Thanks