11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 10:37 PM by goodplay

Win 10 can't find drivers for HD 5450 even though the newest version was just uploaded

skydevil

Having major issues with this video card on several machines in our office. Have had random issues with displays blinking on and off or going to black screen until machine is rebooted, but even worse now, we have several machines that randomly come up every few days with an error msg that says that either the driver is not installed or it can't find the driver for the video card. I've used the AMD tool to do a clean uninstall of the video drivers and then used the AMD tool to search and detect for the newest driver (15.0.7.0). Once this is done, the machine will work correctly for a few days, and just as before, will come up with the error saying it can't find the driver and I have to repeat the process. I have a total of about 40 machines in the office with this card, and so far only 7 are doing this on a repeated basis, but I fear that whatever happened to cause these to fail, will happen to the rest. It's a major nuisance, and I really don't have the option to replace 40 recently purchased video cards again. When they were first installed 5 months ago, they worked pretty good, but now they only last 3-5 days without crashing again.

All machines are Dell OptiPlex 9010, with Win 10 Professional 64-bit, and running dual Dell 22" monitors. 

Any help pointing me in the right direction to resolve this, much appreciated!