10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 6:51 AM by goodplay

r9 270x Drivers/ Graphics/ and software issue

resacky

you don't have to read this text unless you want in depth details of my issue:

I am going to explain the whole story so you may get a good idea what is going on, so i used my computer in the morning at around 10 am and then i left my house to do errands, while using my computer i was playing TF2 and a game of CSGO competitive, i did not install any soft ware or any third party software that could've caused this problem and i honestly don't know myself what could've caused this problem, so after i left i came back at 6pm and nobody used my computer or anything because its my personal computer when i booted my pc, it loaded my ASUS motherboard logo because my build has an ASUS motherboard installed with the windows 10 loading animation on the bottom just spinning expecting the windows 10 loading screen with my profile picture and the password to pop up, usually my pc boots in less than a minute because i have an SSD installed with the OS on it, but then i've been waiting with a black screen for over hours and still nothing, i decided to force shut off my pc and turn it on again testing it out, the same problem, just a black screen after the windows 10 loading animation, i've read forums of people having this problem with windows 10 on the windows 10 support thread, and people are claiming to have a black screen after the windows logo but with a mouse cursor, i dont have a mouse cursor poping up its just a completely black screen that doesn't show anything for hours and it keeps making me waiting, i can boot into recovery mode and i can go into safe mode and everything, i booted my pc in safe mode and all my information is intact and i also checked for viruses or any malware, and nothing its clean, i have no clue what could've caused this, my basic problem if anyone doesnt want to read this long paragraph is... MY WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT WANT TO BOOT UP AFTER THE WINDOWS LOGO AND REFUSES TO LOAD WITH A COMPLETELY BLACK SCREEN, i tried booting it with a past version of windows 10, booting it with CMD, scanning it corrupt files, i really have no fix for this, any help anyone????!

Update (new problem): i have updated my operating system seeing if it was a badly installed OS and that was not the issue, the new problem i am encountering is simply my computer does not recognize my graphics card and also prevents me installing AMD drivers in any form (safe mode, regular boot), i am still experiencing the same issues as above but in a different manner and this time it lets me boot into my pc for a couple of minutes before then glitching unexpectedly and then prompting a black screen, this also happens as i try to install my drivers, the screen immediately goes dark and does not pop back no matter how long i wait, another issue is that my pc does not recognize my graphics card even through device manager, along with AMD's driver software as it tries installing it says it doesn't recognize my card, i still dont know the cause of this issue and i dont know if buying a new card will fix it, i know its my card, but im too afraid to open the card to see if its something more serious

here are links to videos on youtube to what my symptoms are:

Radeon r9 270x graphics issue - YouTube

• Re: r9 270x Drivers/ Graphics/ and software issue
          warpfact0r10

Thanks for the description and video. We're going to need more info in order to best help you. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

A few initial thoughts:

Have you tried using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility? Since it looks like you can't uninstall normally using the Control Panel, try running the utility, reboot, and verify that the Install Manager is no longer present in the installed programs list. Also confirm that the folder where the files were extracted (normally C\AMD) is no longer there. When installing the new drivers, try extracting them to a different location than the default.

We need to know all the programs that you have running in the background, and what antivirus you're running. Did you disable it or temporarily uninstall it? Feel free to attach a screenshot or list of your startup programs.

resacky

So i didn't install an anti-virus since i have just recently installed a new OS and i have also am running the minimum requirements of what i am supposed to be running when booting into my desktop screen, and i have tried using DDU (device Driver uninstaller) and it deletes my drivers fine i will try what you are recommending for me to do with using the AMD clean uninstall utility,

resacky

Graphics card -

Radeon R9 270x

Computer-

OS: Windows 10 (has had previous versions of windows such as Windows 7/8/8.1 installed)

Drivers -

My recent drivers were the Crimson series my last recently installed one before the issue was (16.6.3)

Display devices-

i have a 1920x1080 monitor ASUS with an HDMI cable connected to my card, it is 60 refresh rate

Components -

my mother board is an Asus M5A97 R2.0

and my CPU is an AMD FX 8350

my power supply is a thermaltake Tr2 600W

and i have 8GB of memory ram

And this is a desktop NOT a laptop

resacky

any further information is that i have installed MSI afterburner, as the manufacturer for my r9 270x was MSI and the software DID recognize my card

resacky

So what i did to resolve my problem is that i contacted MSI and they told me to ship my defected card to them and they will supply me with a new card because i tested it out on two other rigs and the issue was the same, currently im using a very old AMD XFX card (radeon HD 5450) as a substitute while waiting for the replacement card which is the same model and manufacturer, i have also contacted a friend with the same model card i have (radeon r9 270x) and he was kind enough to plug his card into my build and my pc worked fine (including installing drivers) so it is MY CARD... the issue is still happening but what i recommend to anyone reading this thread is to just contact your manufacterer because its most likely your GPU being dead...

terky

" the new problem i am encountering is simply my computer does not recognize my graphics card and also prevents me installing AMD drivers in any form (safe mode, regular boot), i am still experiencing the same issues as above but in a different manner and this time it lets me boot into my pc for a couple of minutes before then glitching unexpectedly and then prompting a black screen"

I have the same problem man, with an amd 7970 3gb ddr5 with w10 x64.

I am so pissed off

christianlagioia

i7 930 @ stock 2.8.

asrock x58 extreme 3

sapphire r9 270x 4 gb

12 gb ddr3 1600 corsair lpx

128 gb ssd samsung evo(1 tb harddrive)

700 watt powersupply coolermaster

first of al i want to say that i did not have any problems with my system before i installed the latest drivers.

after i installed the latest drivers i rebooted my system and after the windows logo i just got stuck on a black screen...

i tied a lot of thing but i opted to just reinstall windows and all window updates. after the instalation i booted up and the system started just fine but it looked laggy so i checked my drivers and now it says i have a standard VGA adapter??

i downloaded the drivers , installed them ... rebooted and.. the problem was back.. went to safe mode deleted the drivers and my system booted right up again but again only VGA adapter... tried everything i could think of.. reinstalles bois... not working.. other ssd... not working.. normal hd drive... not working.. other memmory... not working.. older drivers not working anymore... what can i do im soo lost right now it looks to me that the latest drivers amd provide dont like windows 7(Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1) please help

it looks like the latest crimson driver broke my GPU .. dont know why but sombody mentioned it had maybe put to much power trough it ??