0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 1:08 PM by kjdal

Radeon Settings + Multiple Programs crash directly after latest driver installation

kjdal

Hello,

I am facing problems with the drivers of my apu.

Hardware:

APU: AMD A 10-7850k Kaveri with Radeon R7 Graphics

MainBoard: AS Rock FM2A88X-ITX+

Win 7 64 Bit

After installing Windows I downloaded the latest driver for my Mainboard and my APU. Installation of the mainboard driver with no problem, the onboard vga drivers with no problem, too. Then I installed the latest APU driver "radeon-crimson-16.7.3-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit" and the installation runs with no errors or warnings, after the installation I do the reboot and then the radeon settings crashes immediately with "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure". After that I can not open the settings -->error. Also my browser is not working properly anymore, and I can not open .png files anymore. I think that a lot of other things are broken but I have not tested further. After deinstallation of the driver everything is running okay on the onboard vga. I tried also to install the apu driver before the mainboard driver -> same errors.

Since I only installed Windows and nothing more, I do not know what to do anymore. Is there maybe an old version of the apu driver because in the past I had no problems?!

Please help me,

Thank you very much, Martin