2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 3:10 PM by chiefsean16

Looking for advice replacing Radeon R9 270

chiefsean16

My Radeon R9 270 (2013 model) fried a while ago and looking for advice on which graphics card to buy to replace it.

Product page: http://club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/radeon-r9-270-14series.html

Specs:

Vibox Warrior

• CPU - AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 4000 Mhz
      • RAM - 16 GB
      • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
      • Hard drive - 2 TB
      • Power supply - XFX Pro 550W
      • OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 16 Bit

I'm not bothered about whether or not I buy the newer equivalent to the 270 or a step up. I've already been recommended the R7 370 as a replacement and the R9 285 or R9 380 as a step up.

Looking for some further advice, though not necessarily on either of these 3 cards if you recommend something entirely different.

Thanks

• Re: Looking for advice replacing Radeon R9 270
          amdpete

Depends how much you want to pay really, if it were me I would get a RX 4xx series card.  You should also consider going to Windows 10 since otherwise you won't be making full use of a DX12 GPU.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Looking for advice replacing Radeon R9 270
              chiefsean16

Thanks.

Honestly, not too bothered with any price range but I'm not too keen on Windows 10, though I know I'll have to inevitably upgrade at some point in the future.

Had a look at the RX series, they seem pretty good. Which would you recommend, the 460, 470 or 480? The 480 is obviously better but I'm looking for the best to run on my system. I'm not too fussy with graphics, not looking to buy the absolute best, but so long as it's a fairly good card in the end.