1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 6:51 PM by napalmindmorn

Unable to Crossfire My Cards

napalmindmorn

First off, specs:

FX-4130, not currently overclocked

Sapphire R9 270x

HIS HD7850

(Both clocked at 1050MHz Core and 1450 Mem)

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5

16Gb 2x 8Gb DIMMs of Crucial Ballistix Sport XT, DDR3-1866

Corsair 200R Case

EVGA SuperNova 650G

2Tb Seagate HSSD

Some random crappy DVD drive

All the fans

This is a completely fresh install and all drivers are up to date. I've read that these cards should be able to crossfire quite easily and since they both run on the same architecture, I thought that made sense. However, through every method I've tried (crimson, additional settings), I've never seen the option to crossfire. As I looked around, I saw a notification in Crimson that said that my bridge interconnects weren't properly attached. After reseating, the problem persisted. Now, I'm aware that this sort of thing isn't officially sanctioned, but I really don't care. I'm looking for gaming performance on the cheap and I will get it in any way I can. Perhaps third party software? I really don't know. But any help is appreciated.

• Re: Unable to Crossfire My Cards
          napalmindmorn

UPDATE: I fixed it. First, I updated to Windows 10 and then the option to Crossfire showed up in additional settings. Still, however, the "Improper bridge connection" message was still there. At that point, I flipped the bridge and the problem fixed itself. I'm now happily running my cards Crossfired. w00t