13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2016 5:21 PM by jakslap

Dear AMD: Please Release Battlefield 1 Optimized Drivers

jakslap

Dear Admins and Software Engineers;

Can you please release Optimised drivers for Battlefield 1, like you guys did with Quantum Break:

Reasons Why;

1. Battlefield 1 beta has currently 900,000 people playing, its very popular and its gonna be the number 1 game to stress test your rig, due to its photo realistic graphics, High Res Textures, DX12 and 4K support.

2. There are a lot of AMD users in the battle-log forums complaining about lack of performance and low fps, even some users with older gen GPUs are unable to play the game due to no more driver support. Battlefield 1 supports crimson 16 and up. "Please release a simple hot fix or add the older GPUs to Crimsons support list"

3. When the final game comes out all the major you tube Tech Channels are going to be bench marking the game with different GPUs. This is an opurtunity for AMD to take advantage of the situation with drivers that are optimised to that particular game. Nvidia has been doing that for years, i remember after BF3 was released a lot of Nvidia drivers updates included BF3 performance increase.

4. If Battlefield 1 runs better on AMD cards a lot of Battlefield players will most likely upgrade to AMD based GPU, like when Battlefield 4 was released a lot of players upgraded to an AMD card due to Mantle support. Similar how Quantum Break runs better on AMD cards, i think if its possible for that game, it shouldn't be a problem with Battlefield 1 especially how it runs of DX12. Only difference Quantum Break is not popular and doesn't make people go out to upgrade there system, unlike Battlefield.

5. Battlefield community is relatively large and loyal to the franchise, until today battlefield 4 still has a strong following as well as older titles such as Bad Company 2, releasing optimised software for that game, would satisfy many existing and future customers.

"Customer satisfaction plays an important role within your business. Not only is it the leading indicator to measure customer loyalty, identify unhappy customers, reduce churn and increase revenue; it is also a key point of differentiation that helps you to attract new customers in competitive business environments"

Me Personally i will not be benefiting from optimised drivers because i already have a powerful rig that runs the game smoothly @ 60fps. but I would  love to see AMD taking the lead in Battlefield 1 benchmarks.