21 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 12:26 PM by joep

During Gaming, Screen goes black for a few seconds then returns - New RX 480

supernuke123

I've been having a few issues with my graphics card recently, most of them being caused by myself and most of them being fixed. But one experience-breaking problem has been plaguing me ever since I first tried a game on my GPU. While playing games in 3D (As in the games are played in three-dimensional places, like Call of Duty or Rainbow Six Siege), my screen goes black for a few moments then returns to normal gameplay. This seems to be a problem with either over-drawn power (An unlikely yet plausible possibility), or an attempt to task switch automatically to a hidden program. I've tried a bunch of different methods to solving this problem, like switching the game resolution to my native resolution of 3840x2160, and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I even tried to close as many background programs as I could to see if task-switching was an issue. Still, nothing has been fixed and I am yet to be able to play many of the games on my steam library with my upgraded GPU.

My Specifications:

-MOBO - ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 Rev 1

-RAM - 4 x 4 Gigabytes -  1600 Mhz

-CPU - i5 - 3570K 3.40 Ghz

-HDD's - 1 Hard Drive of 1 TB, Another of 2 TB

-GPU - XFX RX 480 1288 Mhz 8 Gigabytes

-PSU - Corsair 750i

-CHASSIS - Corsair Obsidian 750D

I've been really ticked off about the whole situation and the amount hoops I'm gonna have to jump through to get this working correctly, and If all else fails, I will have to do a complete Windows 10 reinstall. It's possible it could be a faulty GPU, but I hope not.