10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 1:08 PM by pepar

can't install drivers after fresh windows 7 install

pepar

I had a perfectly working R-290 but Win 7 x64 had developed a few quirks, so I wiped the drive and reinstalled fresh.  I used my Win 7 x64 SP1 ISO and then found that I could use downloadable "rollups" to update the install.  I applied two, one from 2015 and one from 2016.  Then I turned on automatic updates and it added a few more.  This included an HDMI Audio driver.  So with a fresh installation, I downloaded and ran the latest Crimson package.  I didn't think anything of it at the time, but only the HDMI Driver and AMD Install Manager were offered ... and that's all that installed. 

Since then I have uninstalled the AMD drivers, which by the way are listed in installed programs, but aren't really there ... the listing disappears on being clicked without any dialog.  I ran DDU and tried it again.  I pulled the CMOS battery and shorted the jumper, but that didn't help either.

The autodetect app correctly identifies my card, even when Windows thinks it is a Standard VGA Adapter.  But the package downloaded there also installs only the HDMI and Install Manager.

Any suggestions?