1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 4:27 PM by catchabreak

Fan options not present with 16.8.3 crimson drivers

calliannec

My husbands computer has a an AMD hd7700 MSI video card. The options for the fan in the overdrive section keep suddenly disappearing. He's using the AU version of windows 10 home and the lates drivers have been uninstalled with DDU and reinstalled. Fan options were previously there and working with this driver set. Would like some idea's on this issue as all the searches I've done have brought up out of date answers where fixes have already been introduced to the previous driver software.

• Re: Fan options not present with 16.8.3 crimson drivers
          catchabreak

I have found that windows can stop later drivers from installing some parts of the driver. go to c drive then open the AMD folder, open the  folder of your latest driver.

example:  Radeon-Crimson-16.7.3-Win10-64Bit

open Packages

open Apps

open  CN

open CNext or CNext64 folders depending on weather your computer is 32bit  or 64 bit

then click on ccc-next in the CNext folder OR ccc-next64 in the CNext64 folder

it will install the driver, no need to reboot

Not sure if this will help you but give it a try, helped me with missing dlls from the drivers

These latest drivers don't like other monitoring/tweaking software and these can break the driver and alter its settings