shirazm

I have been plagued with problems with my build:

MSI x99A SLI Plus

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3

Noctua NH-D15

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390 8GB

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB 4X8GB DDR4-2400 CL15 1.2V

I have cycled through replacements in all places, but the display seems to continue to crash on me. It's unpredictable what exactly will crash it. Sometimes it seems to be related to load, like running Premiere Pro and having youtube on, but other times it'll just freeze up and cack out when I'm watching a video. The common kind of crash is for it to freeze and glitch out, display gets distorted and sound goes haywire, before the screens go black and I have to restart.

I was relatively problem free upon receiving a new GPU, but just had another crash and really want to sort out what's going on. This is my first build, so if I've made some dumb mistake, sorry in advance for my ignorance.

• Re: R9 390 Continuous problems
          chummy

Does this happen while gaming? Keep browsers closed and run some heavy 3D application. If not, try searching in this forum for black screen/390 and you find others cases about 390 black screens with 2D applications/browsing/video playback/light tasks. There is probably some issue with AMD driver or the GPU.

You already RMA'ed it and the new keep the problem? What OS version are you using?