2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 8:25 AM by plutiah

Infinite Loop of "New Driver Ready For Download"

plutiah

Hello,

My computer specs are below.

Capture-1.PNG

When I recently updated my computer (Windows OS), I kept on receiving an infinite loop of "There is a new driver available to download, click to install or skip."

So I downloaded the driver, ran the install, and restarted my computer. After turning my machine back on, it kept on repeating the same pop-up, so I downloaded the installer again and ran it. After it turned on, the same pop-up flashed again. So I decided to download the Crimson Software BETA, instead of the Catalyst software, to see if that would make a difference. After I installed the software and driver, restarted the machine I went into the settings and searched for newer updates. Upon finding the newer update, I downloaded it restarted my computer and it seemed to have fixed itself, though the Catalyst removed the Crimson application from my shortcut menu.

Capture-2.PNG

Has anyone else experienced this? Or was this some sort of glitch in the software, as my computer was "out of date" and it was trying to play catch-up?

I always check for updates every time I turn my computer on, so I am not quite sure why it was happening/saying my drivers were out of date.

Catalyst installer:

Capture-3.PNG

Crimson Installer:

Capture-4.PNG

Thank you all in advance!