AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sapphire R9 380 still randomly freezing on Fallout 4.

Question asked by mimz on Aug 28, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2016 by vonchen

Hello all.

Since November, I was randomly freezing on fallout 4. My specs : i5 3570k / 8 Go RAM / Sapphire R9 380. At the beginning it was with a black screen "monitor going to sleep". Now it's my computer totally frozen, and I have to restart it manually. I fixed my issue while doing this : browsing local files, and switching the 3 applications (fallout 4, fallout 4 launcher and fallout 4 original launcher) on windows 7 compatibility mode + ran as an administrator.

Then after having finished far harbor (I've never got a freeze on far harbor), I decided to begin automatron. But my computer got frozen totally, and I had to restart it manually.

First happened when talking to ada. When I started the mission, I didn't get a mark on the pip-boy's map. I went to it, and the freeze happened.

2nd time, when I was trying to sleep into the red rocket after having implanted the memory in Ada.

Usually, I'm not freezing, and didn't freeze since a long time. Do you think this is an issue with automatron ? Last night, I got a freeze while building a settlement at Croup manor.

• Windows and drivers all up to date.
  • CPU temp is around 50°C in game, and GPU around 62°C in game.
  • The chkdsk repaired 5 days ago some mistakes.
  • SFC /SCANNOW (cmd admin tool) doesn't find any mistake on my hard disk.
  • Fallout 4's local files are ok.
  • Not using any mods.
  • Windows event viewer isn't showing anything wrong.
  • RAM memory check tool doesn't find any error.

I don't understand where it could come from. I got again a freeze, while my GPU was around 52°, so not coming from temperature. I had to restart manually my computer, and once on the desktop, I got the message "wattman settings had to restart due to unexpected system failure", or something like this. I'm on 16.8.2 drivers.

I'm still waiting for a fix, I've got this card since august 2015.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes