9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 2:30 AM by insom98

Freesync introduced flickering with 16.7.3 and 16.8.2 for me. 16.6.2 still fine.

kiffmet

Hi I think that I have encountered an issue with the newest drivers. My screen starts to flicker on desktop AFTER an application that used freesync was closed. The flickering goes away when I turn off freesync in Crimson and turn it on again. The flickering looks like the backlight is changing its brightness quickly. This was introduced with 16.7.3 and 16.8.2. The last working driver for me is 16.6.2. 16.6.3 was not tested. I also tried different monitor drivers. AOC beta drivers, AOC Stable drivers and drivers from Windows Update (newest according to driver make date) all exhibit the same behavior.

Here are my Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Anniversary x64 with latest updates as 28th of Aug

CPU: i5-4670K @ 4.2 Ghz

Mainboard: Asus Z87-Pro

RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 CL7

GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TriX OC @ 1000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W

Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1920x1080@144Hz connected with the DP cable that came with the monitor

Also, it does not matter which application was used. After Dirty Bomb (unreal engine 3), Valley Benchmark (Unigine Engine) and CS:GO (source engine) and even minecraft with shaderpack (custom Opengl Renderer) the desktop will start to flicker. The games themselves run fine and do not show any signs of flickering. It only starts when a 3D application was closed. I hope that is enough information to reproduce the problem. Thanks for your support!