4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 2:56 PM by jamesc359

Yay!!! Win10 AE update broke my PC!!! What about you?

feverstriker

So I went ahead and did the Anniversary Edition update on my Windows 10 and it only lasted like 2 days before totally breaking my system. I started getting crazy registry errors which forced my PC to freeze up and become unresponsive about 5 minutes after start up. So I tried to do System Recovery and Refresh but neither worked and the problem still persisted. Had to do a fresh format and reinstall. Argh, but luckily had all my stuff backed up on secondary HDD.

Any of you having issues with Win10?

• Re: Yay!!! Win10 AE update broke my PC!!! What about you?
          nena360

Saints Row 3 got error 53 on Steam and I could no longer play it after I got the AE update!

teckem

I've been experiencing random freezes after the anniversary update too. Unfortunately I can't do a restore since I might loose some important data, I will probably reinstall Win10 with the anniversary update included.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              larkspeed

I have not had one single issue with windows 10 on any of the machines in this house that it is installed on either before or after the Anniversary Update and I have been using it on multiple machines since they day it was released.

I have to ask if you have been "tweaking" it, like using the registry to disable things about it you don't like and such.

jamesc359

I haven't updated my laptop to AE yet because Microsoft warned me I'd lose access to some of my movies. Microsoft's suggestion of contacting the store I bought them at is laughable and shows how out of touch with reality they are. Naturally the store I bought them from couldn't care, they've got their money. So what do I do now?

Not related to AE, but I really regret upgrading from Seven to Ten on my laptop. It's been nothing but trouble, links, software, etc. are missing. The worst part though is that after booting Windows will randomly decide to switch to a non-existent screen/projector and not recognize my main display. I have to reset my BIOS every time it does it.

On my desktop AE hasn't caused any major issues beyond resetting all of my settings and disposing of some menu shortcuts. I figure Microsoft is using the AE update as an opportunity to turn their data collection back on.