AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD display drivers caused my keyboard and mouse not to work!

Question asked by teamster on Aug 27, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2019 by andrasfuchs

Help! When I expressed installed the latest AMD display drivers from the tray icon my keyboard and mouse no longer work.  After googling the problem, the USB drivers may be messed up.  I have tried everything.  I tried reinstalling the chipset drivers for my motherboard.  I tried reinstalling the AMD display drivers.  I tried going into the device manager and installing the drivers for my logitech keyboard and g700 mouse (two of each were listed there, both with exclamation points, under "other devices"...weird).  I tried a system restore - but no save point was listed (really weird).  I can put in a flash drive in any usb port and it works.  When I plug in my keyboard and mouse I hear the gentle ping/tone of recognizing my keyboard and mouse but neither are working.  I have been navigating windows with a ps/2 keyboard that thankfully works.  Ever try to navigate windows and the internet without a mouse? UGH!!!  I am at my wits end.  I am about to do a fresh install of windows , backing stuff up as we speak.  Please, can anyone help?  I will check back here often to answer any questions/info you may need answered.

Outcomes