4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 3:01 AM by kingfish

How may I update my graphics drivers? AMD R280 Toxic

xavier1

Hi I have an AMD R280 Toxic and I don't update the drivers since 2014 I guess.

The thing is I am a bit confused about the process.

Should I uninstall my current drivers or not?

I don't know if I should uninstall my current drivers, or I just simply have to install the newest ones. In this case, if I don't have to uninstall... what would happen to the old drivers? would they just be replaced or how?

I want to install the latest graphics drivers but also the Catalyst Control Center.

Also, I wouldn't like to lose my current settings... that is other factor that scare me to reinstall the drivers.

How may I maintain my current settings?

Any advices about this?

What file should I download to install the latest graphics and also, the Catalyst Control Center.

Cheers

• Re: How may I update my graphics drivers? AMD R280 Toxic
            xavier1

Describe your system:

AMD Graphics Card

• AMD R280 Toxic 3 GB DDR5 (Tahiti XT)

Desktop or Laptop System

• Desktop PC, Intel i7, 2 HDD, 2 TB, 16 GB RAM

Operating System

• Windows 8.1 64 bits

Driver version installed

• Driver: 13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI
            • Catalyst: 13.12

Display Devices

• SAMSUNG TV 1920 x 1080, connected via HDMI

Motherboard

• Asus H87M-Pro

CPU/APU

• QuadCore Intel Core i7-4770, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

• 900W I guess and this info is not relevant to my question

RAM

• 16GB

Describe your issue:

I need help to update my graphics drivers.

I don't know if I should uninstall my current drivers, or I just simply have to install the newest ones.

• Do I have to uninstall the oldest drivers and instell the newest ones?
            • Or should I just download the newest ones and install them?

I want to install the latest graphics drivers but also the Catalyst Control Center.

Also, I wouldn't like to lose my current settings... that is other factor that scare me to reinstall the drivers.

• How may I maintain my current settings?

Any advices about this?

What file should I download to install the latest graphics and also, the Catalyst Control Center.

Cheers

xavier1

*** IF NO BODY IS WILLING TO HELP... PLEASE ***

Could someone tell me where may I send an email to the AMD support, so they can help me about how to update my drivers?

Is a simple question, sure many people know how to do this, but I don't know and I really need help...

So if nobody is going to help me, I'd appreciate an email in which I can ask for support to AMD

I've asked August 28...

Now is September 10 and waiting...

kingfish

Before attempting to install new AMD graphics drivers on Win 8.1 or Win7, your computer must be fully updated. Go to Windows Update and install all the critical updates, plus the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates...that will include the .netframeworks and C++ upgrades.

1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

Screenshot_5 (3).png

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and uninstall the entire package. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst install manager and uninstall the graphics driver only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Disable all anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-anything before trying to install AMD drivers.

If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues