Describe your system:
AMD Graphics Card
- AMD R280 Toxic 3 GB DDR5 (Tahiti XT)
Desktop or Laptop System
- Desktop PC, Intel i7, 2 HDD, 2 TB, 16 GB RAM
- Windows 8.1 64 bits
Driver version installed
- Driver: 13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI
- Catalyst: 13.12
- SAMSUNG TV 1920 x 1080, connected via HDMI
- Asus H87M-Pro
- QuadCore Intel Core i7-4770, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)
Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- 900W I guess and this info is not relevant to my question
Describe your issue:
I need help to update my graphics drivers.
I don't know if I should uninstall my current drivers, or I just simply have to install the newest ones.
- Do I have to uninstall the oldest drivers and instell the newest ones?
- Or should I just download the newest ones and install them?
I want to install the latest graphics drivers but also the Catalyst Control Center.
Also, I wouldn't like to lose my current settings... that is other factor that scare me to reinstall the drivers.
- How may I maintain my current settings?
Any advices about this?
What file should I download to install the latest graphics and also, the Catalyst Control Center.
*** IF NO BODY IS WILLING TO HELP... PLEASE ***
Could someone tell me where may I send an email to the AMD support, so they can help me about how to update my drivers?
Is a simple question, sure many people know how to do this, but I don't know and I really need help...
So if nobody is going to help me, I'd appreciate an email in which I can ask for support to AMD
I've asked August 28...
Now is September 10 and waiting...
Before attempting to install new AMD graphics drivers on Win 8.1 or Win7, your computer must be fully updated. Go to Windows Update and install all the critical updates, plus the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates...that will include the .netframeworks and C++ upgrades.
1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.
2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****
FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***
Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and uninstall the entire package. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.
FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***
Select AMD Catalyst install manager and uninstall the graphics driver only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.
Disable all anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-anything before trying to install AMD drivers.
If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.
This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues