5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 9:07 PM by carto738

100% disk usage after installing rx 470

carto738

Since installing the rx 470 I've been getting 100% disk usage on startup only on my c drive which lasts for 20-30 minutes then stops but the usage spikes really bad and overall feels sluggish. When doing some things the disk usage goes back up to 100%.
      Idk why this is happening, but everything worked nicely before I installed this graphics card. Before I had the gtx 660.

Specs:

i7 4770

b85m p33 msi

500gb toshiba hard drive

1tb wd blue

evga g2 650w

msi rx 470 gaming x 8gb

• Re: 100% disk usage after installing rx 470
          bluepepper

Hi, I have same question before and also msi rx 470.

I think you must install msi gaming app, disk problem come from this thing.

So delete msi gaming app it will working normal.Try it

goodplay

OS is ?.

Have you checked on task manager to see what's using it ?.

kingfish

Did you use DDU in safe mode to remove all Nvidia software before installing the AMD drivers?

waltc

carto738 wrote:

Since installing the rx 470 I've been getting 100% disk usage on startup only on my c drive which lasts for 20-30 minutes then stops but the usage spikes really bad and overall feels sluggish. When doing some things the disk usage goes back up to 100%.
                Idk why this is happening, but everything worked nicely before I installed this graphics card. Before I had the gtx 660.

Specs:

i7 4770

b85m p33 msi

500gb toshiba hard drive

1tb wd blue

evga g2 650w

msi rx 470 gaming x 8gb

yea, your problems are so severe that I doubt anyone can help you here--I'd recommend you take your box to someone who knows what they're about and have them look at it thoroughly--you've obviously got some stuff going on that has nothing to with the RX 480...;)  Get help...now!

carto738

Ya, it is pretty serious. I contacted msi support, windows support, and made various threads on various places and have tried everything and it hasn't been fixed. I even uninstalled the 470 and installed my 660 and reset windows and it still didn't fix it (and my monitor for some reason died during it... so many problems). My disk usage is still 100% for a while after start up. However, something interesting I found is that it's a lot worse during a restart than a shutdown, and I'm wondering if I've always had this problem and just never really noticed it, but it's doubtful. Things are still pretty slow. Since installing this card I've been having all these problems, whether or not it is the problem itself. It may of screwed of my motherboard, or something like that, which is my best guess at this.

Since I am unable to fix it, I'll be returning the graphics card to newegg so all in all I'll be losing 50 dollars and have a half-broken slow pc. I may eventually buy a new mobo and a new os and an ssd but since this experience I feel almost like quitting pc all together and getting a damn xbox one .

Thank you all for attempting to help, but I've stressed too many hours over a damn graphics card, so returning it simply is the best option. It's cursed .