88 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 12:44 PM by tiagosilvaaraújo

rx 470 loss of signal

redwolf4

So I purchased an XFX Radeon RX 470 RS Black Edition 4GB the other day online, which Arrived yesterday to my very short-lived delight. Almost immediately upon installation, I discover that it refuse to hold a constant signal to the monitor I am using with a hdmi cable. After a number of attempts at fixes through Driver-fu, I am at a loss as to what to do, being not especially tech savvy. I am running a 600w psu, the mobo is a gigabyte ga-z77m-d3h-mvp, with 6gb of ram (would be 8 but one of my stick busted) with a core i5 3570 cpu.

• Re: rx 470 loss of signal
          redwolf4

To elaborate, when the fault occurs, the screen will cut to black, then to the tv's no signal place holder.Sound can still be heard, although if from a program it does seem looped, but if from WMP, it appears to play songs as normal. Only a hard reset from holding down the power button can do anything at this point.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              bouncingthingy

I got The same problem, at first i thought it might had been over heating since i got a lot crammed into my case (msi RX480 being freaking huge)

But I been monitoring temps using wattman and last time i got the black screen was at 40ish degrees.  I dont know if its my GPU or the drivers them selves.

P.S. im running windows 10.

klerezooi

I have the same issue. I am also using a XFX Radeon RX 470 RS Black Edition 4GB with a Gigabyte gigabyte z68xp-ud3 Rev 1.3 and an Intel i2500k Running windows 10.

Installed Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Hotfix after running DDU. Had no issue playing Heartstone so far but have the issue playing Witcher 3, Space Engineers and Overwatch in under 5 minutes of game time.

PSU should not be the issue, my old 6950 needed more power and ran just fine.

moonstar

I have this issue too from time to time.  Generally by either 1) swapping input channels or 2) unplugging then plugging back int he HDMI works for me.  I am still trying to determine if it is the cable or the card.  Hopefully one or the other helps.

Other issues I've seen, not sure if you have are a green flickering screen and solid white screen.

redwolf4

Dunno what you mean by input channels, but yeah I did try the plug and unplug of the cable. Also I did try using the latest 16.8.2 driver, still nothing. The fault just happens whenever it pleases, tried the card again today and I couldn't even get past boot up. I am REALLY unimpressed with such a catastrophic fault happening immediately on unbox.

bouncingthingy

Another thing i noticed is that The black screen happens a lot more often when playing a game.  Played about 30 mins of a low graphics anime mmo

and about 15 mins of tomb raider b4 it happened, yet i watched about 5 hours of videos and nothing so far.

redwolf4

So, back again for the bump because I got a new card of the same version and surprise all the same faults are happening. So what the hell amd, what do I do?

moonstar

I found doing a clean install of the latest full driver release and then updating to the 16.9 hotfix corrected the issue on my card.  As for inputs I mean HDMI/DVI/VGA option on the monitor.  I use my TV and when I did have the issue I swapped between HDMI 1 *connected to my pc* to HDMI2 and then back.

A few other options would be to check your Anti-Aliasing settings.  If you have them on High, change them to medium.  In CRIMSON if you have AA set to Override, change it to Enhance.

siliconaudio

Hey guys,

I just joined this forum so that I could jump in on this thread.  I purchased an MSI RX 470 for my PC, as I have recently purchased a 4K monitor and needed more grunt so that I could run it at its native 60 Hz refresh.  I'm not a gamer, I use the screen with my digital audio software, and more screen real estate is useful for audio editing.

I find that my display goes black randomly.  The PC is still running and I can actually even shut it down gracefully by hitting my power button.  So I know the PC isn't actually hung.  I find I need to shut down and restart to get the screen back on.  Un-plugging and re-plugging the screen in doesn't help.

The strange thing is, I taking the card out of the PCIe 16x slot and trying it for a few days in the PCIe 8x slot, and strangely enough, I didn't experience the problem.  I've put it back in my 16x slot and the problem is back.  I don't even have to be doing anything stressful on the PC for it to happen - just seems to come out of the blue.

I'm just about ready to dump this card for an nVidia, but as a long-time AMD user, I'm hoping to find a solution before I have to do that.  So I'll be following this thread with interest to see how this all pans out.

• Motherboard: Asus M5A97 Evo (AMD 970 chipset)
                          • CPU: AMD FX 8350
                          • RAM: 16 GB SuperTalent DDR3
                          • Video Card: MSI RX 470 GAMING X 4G
                          • Video Driver: 16.8.2
                            chucky

Hello.

I bought a Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ to replace my old GPU and ran into the same problem described above. Black Screen happens mainly when the card is idle (Desktop), I can play games with 100% GPU load for hours without crash. But sometimes it just flickers, shows a broken Desktop and then goes black, system is hanging and I have to reset manually. I'm currently on Driver Version 16.7.3

Also the screen goes black for a second sometimes when I open the Radeon settings, is that normal?

Definitely gonna try the newest Hotfix Driver 16.9.2 and reporting back if the problem persists.

Edit: In the half a week with this Hotfix the PC crashed again twice. Seemingly at random and when it was idle on Desktop. I really appreciate ur efforts, though, seems more stable than before.

System:

• Intel i5-2500k
                            • 12 GB DDR3
                            • Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1
                            • Sapphire RX470 Nitro OC
                            • beQuiet Straight Power E8 580W
                              dreadkaiser

Signed up here just to pipe I'm I'm having the same issue with a XFX Radeon RX 470 HS; Only problem is it seems to have died after happening the first time.

Fans would still spin, but switching the cable to IGP Windows could tell something was there, but only saw it as a "Generic Display Adapter".

Doesn't appear to be the system at fault, as a R9 390x I swapped out for was able to function just fine.

Putting the card through RNA at this moment, seriously considering selling the replacement and grabbing a GTX 1070 ITX.

System being used: Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, Radeon RX 470 4GB HS Triple X, ML08B-H HTPC - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia

krazouk

Hi! I have the same problem with a Sapphire Nitro+ 470 OC. During few weeks I had the problem only 3 times but since yesterday, I had the problem more than 10 times! I tried different drivers used DDU to remove previous drives, used normal or silence bios. Now I have always the problem in Civilization VI, sometimes in Dota 2 or Overwatch. One time without game, just firefox.

Another strange thing but not really a problem. SiInce I had this card, I had a corrupted image during BIOS loading, just white squares instead of OEM BIOS logo. If I use normal BIOS image, I have all BIOS loading information on screen.

My system is old but works perfectly until now. There is no overclocking.

Asus P5K with Q8200

4 Go DDR2

Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ OC

Fortron 500W

derrickgott007

I noticed you said TV and not MONITOR. The problem sounds like a handshake problem between the TV and your GPU,with the TV having the problem.   Turn on PC mode for that HDMI port on your TV if possible.  Also, when it does it, press the input key to go to another HDMI port or Antenna and then go back to the hdmi port it's on.  if it works, it's a handshake error with your tv.

cintula1982

Same problem with XFX RX470 4Gb

MotherBoard:ASUS M5A97 R 2.0,

CPU: AMD 8320E,

VGA: XFX RX470 4GB, 2*4 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston RAM,

PSU Cougar 550W

It is definetely not a handshake problem, it happens with DVI also with the monitor.

fals

I have the same Setup as yours, but 8530e processor. Did you have any clue how to end up this issue? I'm furious about It, can't use my computer, the system just goes idle. I notice that when I'm watching videos the issue occur more frequently.

peter588

Hey,

I'm having a very similar issue with a display port connection to a 2nd monitor, black screen, both monitors flickering intermittently, I have found that completely removing the drivers for my rx 470 triple x totally fixes the problem, but obviously that's not ideal, so far I have tried 5 different drivers going back the past few months and none of them work. So for me its definitely a driver issues.

homeostasis

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet? I am having to move my gpu up and down the pci slots and cross my fingers to get a display. If the freeze happens I'm screwed and if I turn it of ditto...

eabreus

Same problem. Screen goes black, won't comeback until restart.

• GPU: XFX RX 470 RS DD
                                            • Driver: Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 (Latest driver as of today )
                                            • Mobo: MSI H110i pro
                                            • CPU: I3 6100
                                            • Output: HDMI
                                                cintula1982

Guys.Try to adjust the core clock.A little bit downclock did just fine for me finally.

nonameaccount

I've reduced the clock and voltage to get is somewhat more stable but still getting 'No Signal' a few minutes into the benchmark.

• GPU: XFX RX470 RS 4GB
                                                    • Driver: Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2
                                                    • Mobo: GB Z170X-Gaming 3 (Ver.1.0) UEFI F7
                                                    • CPU: I5 6600K (STD clocks)
                                                    • RAM: Corsair DDR4 2400 2X8GB (16GB in dual channel mode)
                                                    • Output: DVI-D

I've run tried uninstalling AMD drivers, then running the AMD cleanup utility and then going into safemode and running DDU.

Installed Crimson 16.11.5, same result, tried Catalyst 15.11 as well to no avail. I am now using latest Crimson 16.12.2.

I have found that reducing the GPU speed and voltages in Trixx makes the card more stable, but I still get a loss of signal when playing a game.

UEFI is running the defaults.  Thinking of trying with XMP enabled and maybe overclock the processor but I'm just grasping at straws at this point.

This is the second XFX card I've used(first one was DOA and was RMA'd)

If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

nonameaccount

Replaced the old PSU with 750W Corsair CX750M and that seems to have fixed the problem.

XFX website recommends a 550W PSU with a 42A rated +12VDC rail.  My old PSU had two +12VDC rails rated 16A and 17A. So my old supply wasn't cutting it. The new Corsair Supply is a single rail rated 62A which so far has fixed the no signal issue.

silvertrident

Ran into the exact issue as you. Random blackouts during gaming, background sound and actions continue to run. When restart PC, one long 3 short beeps indicating VGA not found. Restarting doesnt help to get rid of the beep codes, only a hard power down and booting up again works. Initially I thought its my PSU or mobo but my PSU @ 620W is well to do and the problem doesnt exist on my current system till I upgraded to this ASUS AMD RX470 STRIX OG card. Tried reformatting OS, BIOs upgrade, one RAM installed, AMD Radeon latest Jan driver upgrade, still doesnt work. Like the rest, I'm still looking for a solution.

System Spec:

Intel Core i5-3400Ghz

Asus P8Z77-VLk LGA1155

2x kingston DDR3 1333 Ram

Samsung SSD-128G

Asus AMD Radeon Rx470 STRIX OG Gaming 4GB

Seasonic 620W ATX power supply

Windows 7 Home Edition 64

Radeon Crimson Relive 16.12.2

glcoder

Is someone have tried the new 17 version? There is the line on release notes in fixed issues section:

- Some system configurations may experience a black screen after installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Editions 16.12.1 and later.

Sounds like they fixed it. I'm gonna try this right now.

PS Nope, "No signal" problem is still there

nonameaccount

Check your power supply. A 42A 12vdc is reccommended for a rx470.

It not the total power supply wattage that is important for the rx cards it is how many amps you can put on the 12vdc rail. I think these things pull a lot more amps than other cards.

It would be nice to know from the manufacturer how many amps these cards can pull under full load.

glcoder

My specs are:

- Video: ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 470 4GB

- PSU: Corsair CS550M (tech specs says it has 43A on +12V)

Anyway, there is no such problem for me with drivers prior 16.12. Decreasing GPU clock to 1150 MHz solves it too, but this looks like a dirty hack.

I think I can measure the peak current on card's power line, I have multimeter at my disposal, I'll answer as soon as I got some numbers. I hope the problem not in my PSU, this things are expensive.

glcoder

So, I've changed my PSU to Corsair RM850x (it can hold up to 70A on +12V line) and problem is still there, random signal losses during gameplay (Diablo III this time). I've tried some stress testing, like Furmark and 3D Mark Stress Test and all of them goes just fine. And on top of what I've got a couples of "No signal" on the 16.11 driver (but on 16.12 and 16.13 it happens much more frequent tho). I still think this is some critical bug in the card's driver. IDK what else I can do.

fals

I'm furious about It, can't use my computer, the system just goes idle. I notice that when I'm watching videos the issue occur more frequently.

Same problem with XFX RX470 4Gb

MotherBoard:ASUS M5A97 R 2.0,

CPU: AMD 8530E,

VGA: XFX RX470 4GB,

Memory: 2*4 GB 1600 Mhz Corsain XMS RAM,

PSU Thermaltake 450W

poweredestroyer

I had the same problem since 01-13. I changed the HDMI cable.

HDMI cables has different qualities, when we input 480p/720p some cables hold nice, when we input 1080p/i, 2k, UHD, 4k and so on the low quality of cable makes the video loss.

I fixed my issue in a simple way, i changed the HDMI cable.

Here is the deal, HDMI cable works with high intensity of heat, when we use 1080p/i with sound, the cable overheat on the output of our VGA and INPUT of TV/Monitor. The VGA freezes when it uses on 3D visions and HD Streamings to protect it self.

It's not a problem of PSU in the most of times. EX: PSU with 4 cables PCI-E in most of cases share the same 60A/65A on 750w PSU, 40/45A on 600W PSU. We have to search on the PSU vendor if the 4 cables os PCI-E 6/8 pin shares the same 60A, but in most time shares. Even the ancient ones.

Srry my bad english

poweredestroyer

I had the same problem since 01-13. I changed the HDMI cable.

HDMI cables has different qualities, when we input 480p/720p some cables hold nice, when we input 1080p/i, 2k, UHD, 4k and so on the low quality of cable makes the video loss.

I fixed my issue in a simple way, i changed the HDMI cable.

Here is the deal, HDMI cable works with high intensity of heat, when we use 1080p/i with sound, the cable overheat on the output of our VGA and INPUT of TV/Monitor. The VGA freezes when it uses on 3D visions and HD Streamings to protect it self.

It's not a problem of PSU in the most of times. EX: PSU with 4 cables PCI-E in most of cases share the same 60A/65A on 750w PSU, 40/45A on 600W PSU. We have to search on the PSU vendor if the 4 cables os PCI-E 6/8 pin shares the same 60A, but in most time shares. Even the ancient ones.

Srry my bad english

ilukeminati

To everyone having the problem with the hard rebooting after a few minutes of gameplay:

I bought the MSI RX 470 in December, had huge struggles finding out what kept crashing my system after a few minutes of gameplay. (Interestingly games with higher graphics demands crashed sooner than older games, which finally lead me to the conclusion of an excessive temperature buildup due to high power consumption)

After a lot of trying around, I put the GPUs fan speed up to 80% - 100% while gaming, with MSI Afterburner (Wattman or others would do  as well).

Since then it runs continuously for hours, not having that problem at all as long as temperature stays somewhere below roughly 46°C (displayed value in Afterburner).

Reducing GPU Clock helps as well, since a high core clock results in high power consumption and therefore also high excess temperature.

46°C doesn't seem much, but of course this depends on where it is measured. Hope newer versions of Crimson will somehow make this workaround obsolete.

Please try it on your system and let me know if you have any success!

adrp82

Hi guys, I solved that issue uninstalling newer drivers with DDU (in safe mode) and installing 16.11.5 drivers version. Maybe it can help you!

tomako

Hi all.

Have any a update about this problem?

I have the same issue with my ASUS Strix RX 470, when i playing L4D2 after 15 or 20 minutes, the video goes black and i cant do anything. Only cutting the power from the power supply i can reboot.

Also with the Windows 10 update driver this not happen, but when i download and installing the newest i get the issue. I tried in other PC and i have the same, but in this case before 1 hour and a half after.

goodwin

Yes, I still have the same problem with ASUS Rog Strix RX 470 O4G. But I only have to deal with this problem when playing Mortal Kombat XL. Is there still no fix?

dearunclesam

Same problem with Mortal Kombat XL. Also Far Cry 3 (black screen and no signal after 10 seconds of playing). ASUS RX 470 4gb Strix - Driver 17.2.1

lukos124

Same problem with Asus RX 470 Strix Screen goes black randomly but more often in newest games like Watch Dogs 2 or For Honor. Downgrading drivers to crimson 16.11.5 helped a little. Now my card is not turning off so frequently but still problem is here

rodrigons

I'm starting to get worried... 2 weeks ago I bought a ASUS RX 470 ROG Strix 4G and have been playing Doom 4, Batman Arkham City, Rocket League and other games without a issue (Batman I played hours and hours in the last few days). Then I installed Mortal Kombat XL and I started to have this problem, black screen, no signal and frozen sound (sound loops). I thought it was an issue with x360ce or my USB input, since it connect and disconnect in a flash. I changed the usb port and the problem didn't occur in MKXL anymore. But last night I went to play the "hight demanding" rocket league and this problema happened 2 times!

I underclocked to the reference clock, but haven't the time to test for a long time yet.

What surprises me it's the amount of ASUS RX 470 owners with this particular problem.

Gigabyte GA-970-DS3P
                                                                                    FX 8320e8GB Kingston HyperX
                                                                                    Zalman ZM-550-XG GoldRock

tomako

Hi, I played other games and the issue is not present, only L4D2.

Can any tell me if this is normal?

Captura.JPG 

in the graph the "carga de la GPU" =  GPU load. I never seen it on a constant 100% In any game, in Dragon Quest Heroes is more consistent but not solid 100%. In any case DQ Heroes goes on solid 60FPS and L4D2 over 60FPS to 80FPS.

the other components are a FX8320 and a Asus m5a97 and the capture is playing L4D2.

okevineduardo

Hey guys, i was having the same issue as you, after a lot of research i think its problably a heat issue/heat management problem.

My vídeo card, (RX 470) used to stay at 50-60 ºC with the PC in a idle state and the GPU fan wasn't spinning with this temperature. So when we start playing something it warms so badly that stops woking, giving us the black screen/loss of signal.

This is how i solved/work around the issue till AMD solves the real problem:

Through Wattman i raised the fan speed to 2500 RPM, fan noise limit to 1000MHz, and decreased the GPU clock by 10%. Now when the PC is iddle the temperature stays at 30ºC max. And playing it goes to 60ºC max.

Results:

The game i used to test is Elder Scrolls Online with graphics set on "high". Before i would give me the black screen in less than 2min playing, the game crashes and i go back to desktop, or some times it would stay on a black screen and i had to force a power of through the power button.

Now after the manual setting i  played 1hr so far with no problem at all and the GPU heat at 60ºC max.

Hope it could help you guys and AMD engineers to fix  this annoying issue.

For additional information:
                                                                                    Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS

CPU: AMD FX-8320e

RAM: Hyperx fury 8gb

SDD: Sandisk SSD 120GB

Hdd: Samsung 2TB

PS: Sorry for any grammatical errors, english is not my main language.

tomako

I also do something similar, in the GPU tweak II application configure the GPU clock and GPU voltage and the problem is not more present at this moment. I put the GPU core at 1127 and the voltage one little bit under the pre set.

Captura2.JPG

knuxsonico

Hi, i have the same problem with my asus rx470, i use the drivers 16.11.5 and it works well, but with the drivers relive 16.12 and later have black screen in some games, i tried to set voltage to 1320 (stock is 1350) with core and mem stock and for now works well.

houndstooth

Hey guys,

I think this could also be due to some weird driver quality degradation. The black screen issues just kept getting more and more frequent for me as I tried various fixes and messed with the clocks and voltages. I might have fixed the problem (for now) by running a clean uninstall of the driver and the installing only the driver (17.3.3 minimal), no crimson software, HDMI drivers, etc. I tested using furmark, and previously it would crash the driver instantly after launching the benchmark. now it completed a 1080p benchmark with the card reaching 70 degrees max and voltage varying around 900 - 1000 according to the software. I don't know if this means it's a "good" voltage to use or anything (I'm not to tech savvy). For reference, my card is an xfx rx 470 4gb. Will update if anything changes.

Cheers.

EDIT: that only worked partially. I am still getting black screen errors.

lukos124

Seems like they finally realised something. I hope fixing this will help.

Screen Shot 04-30-17 at 12.36 PM.PNG

inj3ct8r

I have this problem with asus rog strix 470 randomly for example once a week i am very confused because I cant fix and dont know where is the real problem. Driver or gpu or stock profile in wattman. Screen goes to no signal, sounds loop in background and only hard reset can fix it. Event viewer shows gpu crash. I use 17.2.1 driver. Also I decided to log my gpu voltages and power ingames with hwinfo64. Sometimes it goes to 1200 ~ 1250mv and power to 157watt on its own while the voltage is set to 1150mv by default. Very strange.. I hope this problem doesnt in hardware because if i give it to waranty they say its fine.

CPU: Intel 6600

MB: Asus H170 Pro gaming

Ram: 2*8GB Hyperx

PSU: Cooler Master 700 Watt

GPU: Asus RX470 Strix 4GB OC

lukos124

Has anyone tried the newest beta drivers? I mean 17.15.1.

A lot of people say that they fix many problems.

inj3ct8r

It's been about 3 weeks I use 17.5.1 and didn't had black screen so far. I play BF1 and FH3. No AMD driver crash also in Event Viewer that had it with older drivers.. I think AMD fixed it at least for me... You can try increase the power limit of the card and see how it goes... monitor your card power with HWINFO64. It Shouldn't go above 150 watt. For me is always below 150

inj3ct8r

the problem is still here... today I had 2 times black screen on tekken 7 after 2 months without crashing. I will go to RMA my card... It's Terrible

f4t3

I bought the card (MSI RX 470 8gb) 2 months ago. At the time I was playing older games, so I didn't get any issues. It's when I started to play Doom 4 when problems started to kick in. All began with crashing as host on a snapmap. BLAMO! Computer restarted itself in the middle of the game.

So you do what you think is best, start consulting the interwebs and all that jazz. Updating and rolling back drivers. Performing system scans + cleaning. Upgrading and downgrading your bios. Starting to throw tests like memtest, prime95 and 3D mark ontop of it to get clear answers. Cleaning out the puter like some paranoid dude. Reinstall Windows and so on and so on and so forth. You name it, I've done it. All ended up being just pointless effort.

So yea 'some progress' was made, or so I thought. I got around to only having gamecrashes on DOOM using the crimson 16.11.5 driver. I was even able to replicate it at will and actually get some event viewer entries out of it. Only to be tossed around like an idiot by bethesda to try and solve my problem. So yea, I decided to install MKXL and there we have it ... A bright new problem in all it's glory ...

No ... Signal ...

So there we went again. The whole driver lingo. reseat the card into the PCI-E 3.0 x8 this time around. Still didn't do a damn thing. So yea, this morning I called up the shop I got it from and I asked for 'em to RMA it. This has got to be the worst hardware experience I've ever had. To think people dare to blame a problem like this on a PSU. I'll have you know it's a 1000w PSU ... So no, It's not the PSU, it's not your CPU, it's not your OS, it's the frigging GPU itself or the driver. I swear if it still goes bad after this RMA, imma get my money back and turn over to Nvidia.

inj3ct8r

anyone tested increase power limit of the card to +25 on wattman? I did that and no black screen right now I think it was a simple power limit issue for me. when you gaming actually your card need more power and low power limit setting will cause it to crash

inj3ct8r

Hey people I want all of you to try to increase your power limit on wattman to 25+ and play your games like before... It dont hurt the card because its not overclock  all. It should stop the no signal problem. Unfortunately I dont know if that settings worked for me or not yet so early to judgement. I wish i could did some tests to see if the card get black screen or not like before. Maybe 1 month without issue but after that you see.. It was a really bad experience for me I am really frustrated by this brand new amd product and so sad of my choice but I hope this default power effecient setting was the reason behind the problem. Once again if I see black screen I will dump this card and go for nvidia. I was really like and love amd for their performance/price but I got two month headache of trail and error procedures to fix my black screen but even I dont know if it works or not.. Please all of you test changing power limit setting and tell me.. I am wait for the good news. Warranty cant rma the card because the card has very strange behavior. All benchmarks passed fine. 100 hours without issue but a day you wake up and see yourself bumped into the no signal in game.

Sry for the bad english

inj3ct8r

New update: signal loss occur today even with power limit setting to the max

inj3ct8r

I downloaded and flashed a new VBIOS from asus website and lets hope the problem get fixes for real this time!!

lukos124

Gimme info if it helped.
                                                                                                                  For earlier comments, I tried to set power limit to +25. Always black screen.

inj3ct8r

Yes man I can confirm the new bios finally fixed black screen issue for me just for now. Please you also test it. Just download it from asus rx 470 support page and run it at administrator and wait to complete. Then open gpu-z to make sure your bios number changed to 001.000000

lukos124

Okay, I will do it today. First I need to update my drivers to the newest version cause right now I'm staying on old 11.16.5 without blackscreens.

If someone isnatlled this BIOS update too then just tell us, maybe it's just single case.

inj3ct8r

Ok thanks please tell us the result whenever you test it if the problem got fixed for you also. It's been about a week for me and no black screen anymore so Im really happy

schum

I can confirm improved stabilty after flashing new vbios. I had three major problems with my asus rog strix rx 470 oc 4gb. First is AURA RGB not detecting my card (program won't start with "Non-Aura" error and led always set to white – this is not fixed atm. Second is black screens just like you. On newer drivers it was total hell, after downgrade to 16.11.5 and clockblocker install, black screens almost gone, but rarely occurs anyway. After I set power limit to +15% a week ago, I got no black screens so far. Third problem was about reboot process. PC could only start after 5-10 min of total shutdown, if you try to just reboot – it will lose signal before OS logo. With flashing new vbios this problem is gone. I will try to update drivers to latest soon and will see if there is no black screens on it.

buzzleitinho

Hello guys. I only want to say that I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm placing my feedback here so other might relate. (This forum was REALLY helpfull)

I bought this board in December. Not so much problems in the beginning. I was glad.

But the first time it happened was in March, or something, some months later, when playing Rocket League splitscreen. But one time just using Chrome, too...

Then it happened today, again. Then I got worried.

So, I updated the VBIOS (run with ADMINISTRATOR, or else it won't work) and the drivers as well (I had 17.something, and now at 17.4.4)

Then I ran this benchmark. In extreme configuration.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The results are nothing short of amazing, which just confirms the power of this GPU.

I'll try to keep posting here for feedback...

Well, if I don't, just assume everything is OK, and the VBIOS and driver updates really worked.

buzzleitinho

I am very sad to say that it happened again. This time while playing Skyrim...

I don't get it, after that benchmark that I did.

BUT it should be noticed: only happened after updating drivers from 17.4.4 to 17.6.2. Maybe it is related, maybe it isn't.

In three days we got 2 driver updates. Now I'm updating to 17.7.1.

I just hope this issue gets the attention it deserves from ASUS or Radeon guys.

olsfer

Tried almost everything on this thread, still have the problem on my XFX RX 470. Signal lost, only works again after a manual restart. That's ridiculous.

It happens gaming, it happens mining, it happens idle. Overclocked or underclocked. All sorts of driver versions were tried, cables, PSU and BIOS setups.

Anyone could get it in a usable state here? I would appreciate a last try before I send this card to hell.

buzzleitinho

I didn't have any problems since my post at 11/7.

But... then again, it ran without problems since the last time, but it happened anyway. But I would say it is doable. Me and my brother play often, and, average, it only failed 1 time/month. So, my case is not as bad as yours. Mine is not XFX like yours, it's ASUS instead.

If you have your retailer nearby I would definitely go there and complain. Maybe you can get another card with no expenses. I didn't do so because I bought it online, so it's a pain in the ***.

thilog

That this hasn't been fixed, nor even responded to from AMD is getting beyond a joke.

started getting this issue with my old R9 280.. Read a few forums, was told it's due to rail voltage or it's due to hdmi or whatever random event. It is a fault with AMD hardware..

Thousands upon thousands of complaints across thousands of forums.. search for No Signal Rx in google and you get over 150 Thousand threads.

It has nothing to do with your cables, your connections, your rail voltage.. these is no fix.   IF you do something and it stops.. that's just luck.

This issue is now ongoing for over 4 years.  I recently bought a Ryzen 1600x system and I'm still getting this no signal error.  If I use my 1060.. I've never had the error.. not once.

This system cost me over a grand to build myself and it turns out even with the better hardware the no signal issue remains.  So xxxx you very much AMD... next rig is going to be pure MS/Nvidia.

Discussion blocked due to potentially offensive language - No wonder you added this to your forums.. you need it.

amdu

Similar issue here with Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics 4GB. Card seems to randomly lose signal to the monitor causing the game to crash. The signal reconnects immediately and displays HDMI in the upper right of monitor. These crashes usually happen while playing specific games such as Grand Theft Auto 5 or Shroud of the Avatar. Some games seem unaffected so it almost seems like a driver or performance issue. I have tried many different drivers and three different HDMI cables.

I'll try updating the VBIOS as suggested above and see if that helps. If it doesn't I think I will RMA this thing before it is out of warranty also.

buzzleitinho

Happened again *sigh*

While Playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2018. 3 minutes in game and screen goes black.

All I want is some feedback from AMD

Update: Pro evolution is a killer

Happenned again. 5 minutes in game and suddenly screen goes black. Logs from Asus GPU tweak show nothing strange. Temperature below 58ºC. Max fan speed at 59%

I don't get it

tiagosilvaaraújo

Hi,

Do you have disabled/removed the game's perfil in AMD Crimson/ Adrenalin software? For my case, it fix. Excuse me for the english. Here, any games with the TV, using 4k resolution, not run, lost the signal (black screen). After trying a lot, i turned off the amd game profile, and until today no black screen.

origo

Wow, I didn't know this problem was SO OLD. Yes I have the same card (from Asus) and the same issue as well. I have tried everything from updating Bios, Wattman settings to change my PSU and see if it is resolved in anyway. I had no luck whatsoever, I can get a no signal from 3 hours of gameplay to only 15 minutes. This is getting ridiculous since is probably just an driver issue, the card performs well on benchmarks like Furmark and superposition and it runs those fine. and I can't RMA the card since I live in Venezuela and that means I'm stuck with it until who knows, hahaha. I get it more consistently in games like Overwatch, Source engine games and It happened once in Alien Isolation. I seriously hoping  for an AMD response since this card still supported and it just came out like last year.

moonstar

I had this type of issue with my card as well.  It turns out it was the drivers not being able to properly work with the UHD color from my display.  I had to disable the UHD throughput on my display to fix it, however the newer drivers fixed this issue for me.  The latest issue is the dual input static on sleep...to fix that, just make it so the display doesn't go to sleep.