cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

atomic
Journeyman III

List of supported graphics cards and driver versions

I'm trying to get started with GPU PerfStudio and unfortunately, I cannot find reliable information on which graphics cards and driver versions are supported.

I'm attempting to profile a DX11 game on the following system configuration:
HD 5550

Catalyst driver 15.7.1 (I also tried the latest Crimson beta driver, 16.2.1)

Windows 7 x64

When I attempt to fire up the Frame Profiler I get a dialog "Error: AMD Radeon Software version is unsupported. Please switch to a different version and try again." After unsuccessfully digging around on the AMD website I was unable to find any information about hardware and software requirements. In the help window under "Getting Started > Minimum System Specification" the server requirements are listed as:

• Windows 7 or higher (32bit or 64bit)
  • Radeon HD 7000 Series or newer graphics card if you intend to use GPU Shader Analyzer
  • Radeon HD 5000 Series or newer graphics card if you are NOT using GPU Shader Analyzer
  • Latest Public Catalyst Drivers

This would appear to be either incorrect or incomplete and makes for a rather frustrating initial experience.

0 Likes
2 Replies
camaytoc
Journeyman III

I've founded that GPU PerfStudio is working only with GNC and up architecture, which is starting with the HD7000 series.

And yes, documentation is not obvious.

0 Likes
Lonesled
Staff

Thanks for your post, the profiler now only supports GCN (HD 7000 series and above) and our documentation is incorrect. We should have a new release soon that addresses this issue.

0 Likes