9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 1:50 PM by brucer

Random black screens

marneus

Hi everybody,

Suddenly, after the windows updates KB3176934 and KB3176936 it happens that my screen suddenly turns black and the graphic cards fans go crazy (full speed). The only thing I can do then is to shut the PC down, pressing the power button.

This happens completely randomly, but always when I start or I am in a 3D application like a game or a even a fullscreen browser video. Today it happeneded 5 times in half an hour, after that the pc worked properly for 5 hours straight when I played a game.

I tried to reproduce the problem but using Furmark, DPC latency checker etc. (and even things like DxDiag) revealed nothing. Everything seems fine. The system temperature (Speedfan) is completely normal.

In the windows event-log, right before the critical failure is listed, the system filter "npsvctrig" is always mentioned. This windows driver is used for the graphic card. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have no idea where to start so I am here.

My system specs:

Sapphire Radeon Nitro R9 390X OC (driver: 16.8.2 (16.30.2511.1001-160811a-305729E))

GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P, Mainboard

Corsair DIMM 16GB DDR4-2800

Intel® Core™ i5-6600K

Windows is installed on a Samsung 850 Pro 2,5" 256 GB, Solid State Drive.

Windows version: Windows 10 Education 64 bit (10.0, Build 14393)

Thank you in advance

Marneus