2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 4:41 PM by flcn17

Can't reinstall drivers for R9 380; haven't been able to update since Feb. 19th.

flcn17

Hello,

I've been having some issues with my R9 380 card. Firstly, every single time I updated the driver from 2/19 to now, the display portion failed. I tried to uninstall and reinstall today, but the display driver was stuck [wouldn't uninstall]. I uninstalled the driver from the device manager menu, and now the card is listed under 'other devices' as 'video controller (VGA compatible). Nothing will reinstall this driver. I have tried the AMD installers, older drivers from my 'AMD\..\Drivers' folder, I have tried downloading through device manager using both methods [online search and computer search], and they all either don't work or fail at the display driver stage. I even tried the AMD Display Driver Uninstaller [that I had previously used to fix an issue with my card] and it still won't fully remove it.

I'm at a loss, and I'm hoping someone else finds this familiar enough to point me where to go.

Windows 10 Pro 64

AMD FX-8350

16g DDR3

MSI 760GMA-P34 mobo

Thanks in advance!