6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2016 8:41 AM by enemymind

r9 390 black screen crashes

legitdoritos

whenever im playing a game my computer will freeze then black screen and become unresponsive and require a hard reset. This has happened since i got my r9 390 8 months ago.

My setup

Corsair gs700

8gb hyperX ram

msi r9 390

i5 3470

2tb hdd

• Re: r9 390 black screen crashes
          chummy

Can you say which games exactly? What drivers were you using since you notice problems, have you tried 15.11.1 or 15.12 to see if it fix the problem?

Maybe tried RMA to make sure is not GPU faulty?

warsun

What that is,is an older profile still stuck in your system.Where you download your driver.There should be a cleaning program that will remove all traces of previous installed drivers an Profiles.First set your profiles to default.Then run the cleaner.Once you did that it should remove your driver.Another way is to Set everything in Crimson in default then uninstall the driver.THEN run the cleaner.This works best i think.

Once that is done you should install the latest driver.An have no issues.I have found that the graphics card is storing profiles on the card.Not only on the system but your graphics card as well.So yes.You do need to clean this every now and again.This also goes for the RX-480 and others.

enemymind

Hi

I also have same black screen issue (no signal..only in gaming). All old and new driver doesn't works or fix it. As suggested in another thread, I raised the power target to +20% in MSI Afterburner and do TDR windows seems fixed the issue. Now i am using Crimson 16.11.5

For TDR windows adjustment

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
              2. Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
              3. On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

4. For 64 bit Windows
                1. Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
                2. Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
                3. Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.
              5. For 32 bit Windows
                1. Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
                2. Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
                3. Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.
              6. Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.