3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 7:58 AM by amdmatt

Radeon HD 7870 fans no longer working

odinal

Since I reinstalled Windows 10 64-bit and reinstalled my graphics drivers, the fans on my card have entirely stopped working, causing rapid overheating whenever I launch games or anything else graphically intensive - resulting in either the computer shutting off due to the card's critical temperature or massive performance decreases.

Reinstalling the latest drivers has not worked, nor has installing the beta drivers, nor has cleanly removing the drivers in Safe Mode and reinstalling them freshly.

The card is clean & the fans are not stuck in any way, able to be moved by hand or blown with compressed air to spin briefly, but even as temperatures rise above 90 degrees Celsius, the fans remain entirely motionless. All other fans in the PC run perfectly - it's just the graphics card's fans that both do not work at all.

Using the settings app to manually adjust fan speed & MSI Afterburner to do the same does nothing - peaking the speed at 100% still leaves the fans motionless, even though the software reports they are running at 100%.

Has anyone else had this issue or know what to do to fix it?