3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 10:52 AM by amdpete

1440p through DVI

matt11

Hi all

I recently bought a new 4k display and was advised to buy the Radeon R7 360 graphics card which I was told supports 3 displays (up to 4k resolution)

I can get the full resolution through the HDMI and Display Port.. but can only get 1200 through DVI.

Is it possible to get 1440p through DVI with this card? I've tried with a DVI to DP and DVI to HDMI lead to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Re: 1440p through DVI
          amdpete

You need an active adapter not passive that supports that resolution.

matt11

Hi amdpete Thanks for your reply.

I've also been told I can try daisy chaining my 2 1440p monitors which i'll try as soon as my DP to DP lead arrives. If this fails could you be so kind to point me in the right direction for an active adapter which you recommended?

amdpete

If the monitors have the daisy chaining functionality (not all monitors do) and they are DP 1.2 then yes you can run the 2 monitors off of one Displayport 1.2 output.  Most monitors don't default to DP1.2 so you may need to enable that or the daisy chaining functonality) Any of the adaptors should be OK if you still need one after that as long as they say Active and support 1440 resolutions (not all of them do either since you can get an active 1080p one for example)