1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 3:24 AM by amdmatt

r9 390x major frame drops

karmi5

my r9 390x seems to be fake or some thing??

I am playing GTA 5 and bf 4 and all COD series' and I dont seem to have more than 30 FPS in each game! I mean I literally see it lag or not smooth at all (which means a lot less than 30fps) I even used FPS counter and in GTA 5 i am getting 15 fps?? up to 33 not more! what seems to be the problem here?
      Computer specs :I5 6th gen - 6600k

asus direcCU r9 390x 8gb

128 gb SSD

2TB HDD

16 GB ram ddr4 2133 hz

windows 10 pro 64 bit

computer specs seem to be very excellent to run every game so far to the fullest graphics and not supposed to get less than 60fps in games!

and yes before you ask guys, I tried clockblock I have tried downgrading my driver to catalyst or fully remove it and upgrade to crimson or any thing similar - I have tried it all

I also tried v-sync off with frame control set up to 59 rps to not get tearing, I literally tried every thing yet a high end Expensive AF card still get to 15 fps?? what can we do here?!

• Re: r9 390x major frame drops
          amdmatt

You should be getting a lot more performance than that. I would start by checking your temperatures for your CPU/GPU. Then i would perform a system clean up and a fresh driver installation as a first troubleshooting step.

Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Check (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To run the DISM command do the following:

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter:Note: While running DISM you will notice the process will pause at 20%. After a few minutes the operation will complete successfully. To run the SFC command, please refer to this Microsoft knowledge base article

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command SFC /SCANNOW and press enter:

For more information on using SFC on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, please refer to this Microsoft KB:

AMD driver software package requires the latest updates for Microsoft Net Framework and Windows to be installed. Please run Windows Update and install all available critical and recommended updates. In order to minimise the risk of installation errors, Windows should be fully updated before installing AMD driver software package.

Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

Install the latest Crimson 16.8.2 drivers once the above is completed and restart your system.

Please uninstall or disable the AMD Gaming Evolved APP, if you use it, and navigate to Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings and disable Power Efficiency and check the issue status.