4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 9:04 AM by anonyado

AMD Radeon HD 6850 v2 Windows 10....

anonyado

So after a week waiting for a e-mail from AMD their solution did not work. so thats why i am here.

I've got a AMD Radeon HD 6850 v2 ( EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 | Graphics Cards | ASUS Global  )

Now since short windows 10 updated itself and i went from 2 screens to 1.

Windows 10 cannot find my other screen ( HDMI input )  and the only screen working in the one on the first DVI slot.

Now after deleting the Drivers with DDU and the AMD driver remover tool multiple times.  re-installing new drivers / old drivers.

Nothing seems to work.

I still got no 2nd screen Windows cannot detect my HDMI screen. the bottom DVI slot doesn't work either.

This has me hanging on Windows cannot detect my drivers ( if i startup my pc both screens work the HDMI stops working when windows logo appears " loading all drivers and such " )

Anybody got any clue on how to get this fixed??

• Re: AMD Radeon HD 6850 v2 Windows 10....
          amdmatt

Sounds like an incompatibility issue since the update to Windows 10. Are you able to get an image from both displays without the AMD driver installed in Windows? Did this work okay on your previous OS? Which drivers have you tried?

Navigate to Windows Device Manager > Monitors and see if both displays are detected by Windows. Check to make sure neither has been disabled in Device Manager.

anonyado

without drivers it works.   ive had windows 10 for quite some time WORKING with the drivers both screens etc.  it happend untill a recent update...  it just stopped working.. i want this fixed payed quite some $ for the card back when i got it.  and i want to use multiple monitors. ( what its supposed to do )  ...

amdmatt

I understand. The HD6xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue. If you think you used an older driver than those mentioned above, you can find existing drivers for your product listed here.

anonyado

Why would my Graphics card work fine for over a Year on windows 10 then when the Drivers of my graphics card update it stopped working fine?

this sounds like a problem which needs to get fixed from the AMD site, sure i understand teh card is a "legacy " card now.

But you gotta understand that some people cannot buy the newest of newest cards.

It worked fine still does except for it not reading the drivers when windows starts??

( reason screen isnt working. )

I even downgraded to windows 7 tested it DIDNT even work there! other pc i tried my card worked FINE

now im back to windows 10.  still isnt working.... 

i have installed and uninstalled so many drivers these past weeks.

NONE of them worked. 

There should be 1 final fix for these "Legacy " cards   make them drivers windows 10 compatible? ( they clearly arent, since the drivers wont load ? )