6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2016 3:12 AM by smokin28

AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon HD 6550D

smokin28

Trying to play the game called "Rust" and I have played it for 1200 hours.

But recently they updated the game and now it randomly crashes to white screen on my pc.

This only happens with the game Rust and I'm using driver 15.200.1062.1004

Other people playing rust have had the same issue but they are using R7 and R9.

Their fix was to roll back to a previous driver. But I cannot find a previous driver to roll back to.

Before this issue arrived, I was also using the newest Unity program, to design my own game (Rust uses the Unity engine) and it was working fine

but at one point Unity updated and my pc wouldn't run it. When ever I would go to open my project with Unity, Unity it self would crash

to desktop without warning. A Unity tech was trying to find a way to resolve the issue on his end but I eventually gave up and uninstalled it.

Any idea how to fix the issue with Rust?

• Re: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon HD 6550D
          amdpete

Since that GPU is legacy now and if older drivers aren't working there isn't much you can do really other than upgrading to a newer GPU.

smokin28

Older drivers might work though, but I have been unable to find any on the AMD site. The only other versions are 13.1 and 12.6 but my HD 6550 D

isn't listed as being supported by those. The only version I can find as supported is 15.7, which I already have.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy/previous?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

amdmatt

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

kingfish

What about this?

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
                      • AMD E2-2000 APU
                      • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
                      • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
                      • AMD C-Series APUs
                      • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
                      2. Reboot the system
                      3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
                          amdmatt

Try both, i would be interested to see if the drivers i posted above now install with that APU.

smokin28

None of the drivers seem to work with Rust, completely. They are stable with every game I have which is over 50+ games, but not with Rust. The driver crashes whenever I try to play it. Right now I am using:

Driver Packaging: 15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187669C

Catalyst: 15.7.1

This seems to do the best. I can usually stay in game without crashing for about 30 minutes. But without fail, sooner or later... it crashes and puts my monitor to sleep.

When it comes back up, I am on a white screen with a Windows 7 error message that reads "Rust.exe has stopped responding" and a AMD error message saying the driver has crashed.

But again, this is the driver that seems to work the best out of all of them I have tried.