Just got the XFX RX480 Black, coming from a GTX750TI
Any time I try to install _any_ version of the graphics driver, it crashes my comp and causes a hard reboot.
I've tried all past and current versions of the drivers, they all do the same thing.
I get video fine before installing the drivers, and it will install everything in the package besides the display driver.
The crash dump only says system lost power, nothing else.
Sometimes instead of fully rebooting, the fans will full spin and the screen will just go black until I force it off.
Once I had a blue screen about a "thread stuck in device driver".
I've done the following:
- Updated BIOS
- Updated chipset
- Ran newest DDU (display driver uninstall) in safe mode
- Removed all NVIDIA/Overclocking software
- Uninstalled "raptr" program
My Comp spec are as follows:
- MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
- Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
- Thermaltake 750W Power Supply
- Windows 10 64-BIT
Any help is appreciated!
This is my first AMD ever, after using Nvidia for the past 10-12 years, I'm pretty disappointed.