7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 4:29 PM by ojustaboo

RX480 Wrong manual fan speed

ojustaboo

Hi all, new XFX RADEON RX480 Black Edition OC

Trying to set manual fan speeds

Using Crimson 16.8.2

I've gone into Gaming, Global Settings, Global WattMan and set both both Temperature and Fan Speed to manual.

Max temp is set to 90 and target to 70.

I want to set my min fan speed to 1200 and max to 3600

However, I have to set the max to 4132 to get the fan at 3629 RPM (tested this by setting min to it)

And if I set the min to 1871, it gives me 1184 RPM, if I set it to 1872, it gives me 1209 RPM

I presume this is a bug and not me being stupid?  (attached a pic)

Clean install of win 10 pro 64 bit

System Spec:

Intel Core i7 3820 a2011  NOT overclocked

Asus P9X79 Socket 2011 ATX Motherboard

32GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM

Archon SB-E X2 CPU Cooler

Antec 1200 Case

Corsair 750 Watt HX750i Fully Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply

Dell U2713HM monitor running at 2560 x 1440

HannsG HW191D monitor running at 1440 x 900

XFX RADEON RX480 Black Edition OC

Corsair Neutron GTX SSD  240GB

Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB

Seegate Sata3  2TB

Toshiba Sata3  2TB

Asus Vulcan Pro ROG Headset

• Re: RX480 Wrong manual fan speed
          amdpete

You are pressing return after typing the value in and then also hitting apply in the top right of the Wattman screen?

There are a couple of issues with Wattman currently which are being worked on but i am not aware of the issue you are describing as being one of them.

I can type whatever number in I want and it stays on that number when set to manual.  The slider doesn't increment in 0001 jumps but that is just so it doesn't make it slow to move up and down or a hugely long slider with every possible value on it.

• Re: RX480 Wrong manual fan speed
            catchabreak

the fan speed takes some getting your mind around. the "min speed" setting on fan is as it says. now the "target speed" is the maximum that you want to set it at. Now as the temperature rises past the "target temperature" the fan gradually begins to speed up to try and cool the gpu and will increase speed until the temperatures lowers to the "target temperature" or until the" target fan speed" is reached. If the temperature reaches "max temperature" the fan will go full on to cool the gpu to below "max temperature"

1 of 1 people found this helpful