1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2016 1:34 PM by amdmatt

having been reset to radeon Wattman defaults due to an unexpected system error

eminesimo

Hi guys,

for several days i've got this problem and my pc drops fps in game or i get black screen in a twitch stream for example.

i've try to unistall and re-install the drivers for my vga (R9 280) i downloaded these Desktop hotfix...beacuse i have w10 64 bit, but the problem is still here...

Maybe my vga is going to die? maybe this drivers hotfix aren't correct? maybe w10 have problem of incompatibility? i don't know but i really need help... when i watch a stream sometimes the drivers crash and i need to reboot my pc beacuse of black screen... and sometimes in game huge drop of fps.. and another message i recieved is : Radeon settings has riveled 1 or more pannels with high DPI so active Virtual Super Resolution for get better quality... what is that? i have only 1 monitor.

If u need more info ask me

Ty for the support

Simon

• Re:  having been reset to radeon Wattman defaults due to an unexpected system error
          amdmatt

What you have described could be caused by software or hardware. Initially i would recommend a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest driver. If this does not resolve the issue, then you might need to try a clean installation of Windows. I will list some troubleshooting steps which will hopefully prevent the need for this.

Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Check (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To run the DISM command do the following:

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter:Note: While running DISM you will notice the process will pause at 20%. After a few minutes the operation will complete successfully. To run the SFC command, please refer to this Microsoft knowledge base article

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command SFC /SCANNOW and press enter:

For more information on using SFC on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, please refer to this Microsoft KB:

AMD driver software package requires the latest updates for Microsoft Net Framework and Windows to be installed. Please run Windows Update and install all available critical and recommended updates. In order to minimise the risk of installation errors, Windows should be fully updated before installing AMD driver software package.

Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

Install the latest Crimson 16.8.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.