11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 6:55 PM by tayto

Radeon HD7970M can't download drivers (blue screen)

tayto

Ok. I struggled a lot before but i fixed somehow. Now I format my laptop and install my all last drivers except my radeon 7970m. When I open your amd install auto detect or manually... when i click install i see blue screen (1055)(OS: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48)(BCCode: 1000007e)

Monster

P150EM 15.6"

intel® Core™ i7-3720QM 4-Cores; 6MB L3; 2.60GHz > 3.60GHz; 1600 MHz; 45W; 22nm

16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 SODIMM Kingston HyperX KIT

750GB Momentus® XT 6GB/sn 7200RPM 32MB ST750LX003

2GB GDDR5 AMD® Mobility Radeon HD7970M 256-Bit DX11

• Re: Radeon HD7970M can't download drivers (blue screen)
          amdmatt

What you have described could be caused by software or hardware. Initially i would recommend a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest driver. If this does not resolve the issue, then you might need to try a clean installation of Windows. I will list some troubleshooting steps which will hopefully prevent the need for this.

Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Check (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To run the DISM command do the following:

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter:Note: While running DISM you will notice the process will pause at 20%. After a few minutes the operation will complete successfully. To run the SFC command, please refer to this Microsoft knowledge base article

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command SFC /SCANNOW and press enter:

For more information on using SFC on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, please refer to this Microsoft KB:

AMD driver software package requires the latest updates for Microsoft Net Framework and Windows to be installed. Please run Windows Update and install all available critical and recommended updates. In order to minimise the risk of installation errors, Windows should be fully updated before installing AMD driver software package.

Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

Install the latest Crimson 16.8.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

kingfish

Have you installed all the updates? SP1? C++? .netframework? All this must be done before trying to install any AMD driver. Windows Update

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop. > Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

tayto

Ok. I couldn't do what @amdmatt said. But i did @kingfish said. I did it all... I format 3 times. Uninstall intel and amd drivers and download windows updates(on safe mode). And install after that i try to install all version of amd 7970m drivers but it didn't work.... When the game starts after 20-40sec my laptop is freezing. (the time when gpu fan should more active). And when i try to download drivers I always get diffirent kind of errors. I should here the voice of that gpu fan but when it's come to that the laptop is freezing .