2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 8:57 AM by vonchen

(Where do I report?) AMDGPU Pro Linux driver causing desktop icons to flicker on boot in Ubuntu 16.04

jeffreydvp

Hey there guys, I recently learned that AMD is working on a new driver currently in Beta

How-To Install/Uninstall AMD Radeon™ Software AMDGPU-PRO Driver for Linux® on an Ubuntu System

I was anxious to try this driver with my Radeon HD 7950 TAHITI graphics card. I saw somewhere that they extended supported cards from Radeon HD 7000 on up.

I tried installing the driver on several different kernel versions, making sure all of which are supported. The install was flawless on all of them, and I made sure to pay attention to errors.

After rebooting, as soon as the xserver boots and the environment comes up from an auto login, nothing shows up except my desktop Icons. (No taskbar on the left, and no menu bar at the top). The desktop icons, but not the desktop itself, flicker at a pretty slow rate, to the point that I don't think it's a screen refresh rate issue. And I have tried other refresh rates to no avail.

I am currently using unity by default. I am aware that there is no support for issues on beta software but I am curious as to where I should go to report bugs so that they can be aware of the problem?